Extended warranty

Roy32

Been down to my local stealers today to sort out some warranty work, while I was there I thought I would ask how much an extra years warranty would be from them. Well after a bit of shuffling through some papers he came back with a price of £624.00. EEK2.GIF

Is it me or does that seem a bit steep, although that does include VW roadside assistance.

Has anyone on here got an extended warranty from VW or have you gone somewhere else?

I pay about £35 a month for Warranty Direct - that's the full boona gold cover, with work carried out at main dealers and I can cancel the arrangement at any time.

I could have gone down to £30 if I was willing to be tied into a years contract.

Car is going in to get its broken cooling fans fixed on Thursday - so I'm hoping that they will cover this. Certainly heard good things about them - hence why I went with them. Will let you know.

Only downside is that I need to pay upfront and claim the money back - but hey ho...

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Ross,

I've just done a quote online from warranty direct and its come back at £48.48 a month for gold or £38.28.for drivline, how did you manage to get gold for £35

[/ QUOTE ]

Get chatting to one of them on the phone, and I'm sure the price will gradually drop 169144-ok.gif

In fact, I'm not sure that you couldn't push them to less than I'm paying - as I think I caved at the last minute grin.gif

I requested a quote over the phone before I even got the car. They then called back on exactly the day that they said they would each time, as I had said I wanted to get some other quotes, and each time the price came down a wee bit at a time. Just push them a wee bit and I'm sure they will cave grin.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Ross,

I've just done a quote online from warranty direct and its come back at £48.48 a month for gold or £38.28.for drivline, how did you manage to get gold for £35

[/ QUOTE ]

Get chatting to one of them on the phone, and I'm sure the price will gradually drop 169144-ok.gif

In fact, I'm not sure that you couldn't push them to less than I'm paying - as I think I caved at the last minute grin.gif

I requested a quote over the phone before I even got the car. They then called back on exactly the day that they said they would each time, as I had said I wanted to get some other quotes, and each time the price came down a wee bit at a time. Just push them a wee bit and I'm sure they will cave grin.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They rang me today Ross and I have now got them down to £37.50 a month, think i'll let them sweat a bit more 169144-ok.gif