[Audi A3/S3] Bluetooth and Symphony Stereo

cdco2

Hi Guys, Help required has anyone got any idea's on Bluetooth Kits that will integrate with the Symphony stereo in my A3 (8P model). The menu on the system has the phone settings so i guess the back of the system has the conenctions so are there any bluetooth kits on the market that will easily integrate with this unit.

Ta Carl

With the right interface lead from Autoleads, you can integrate virtually any bluetooth kit. the lead utilises the mute (yellow lead) and two speaker inputs (from the kit) on the rear of the radio allowing the radio to mute when it receives a signal on the mute wire and transfer voice through the two front speakers.

My A3 is an 8P7 with Concert II head unit with bose, and i have a Nokia CK-7W interfaced into it. the autoleads "telemute" lead will also provide power to the nokia kits. Basically its all iso blocks so its plug and play - simple!

The symphony radio however may have what they call quadlock connectors, all this means to you is that you need a different interface lead but it is still plug and play in terms of connection although if it is a quadlock radio you need to have the phone features unlocked by an audi dealer before connecting a kit - what year is your A3?

suggest contacting autoleads technical who will be able to advise you on suitability, in terms of purchasing I've always bought from Terry of SIO Communications and found him to be spot on. his website is at www.siocommunications.co.uk

if you need any further info, fire ur questions at this forum and i'll answer them smile.gif

thanks Iceman will probably contact SIO direct then im trying to avoid hard wiring the phone and only use a bluetooth interface wired into the car... gadget freak u see and am changing phones too often currently on a Motorola V3X.. but that could change at anytime

Just had a look at SIO's web site and it doesnt look good, as Craigyb suggested the parrt bluetooth interface looks best but the autoleads info if not good news, lead not available yet and will need to get the stealers to set the stereo up.... anyone no anything about this if the stereo sub menu has the phone setting already available?

[ QUOTE ]

ta cragyb if p[oss i want to wire it through the stereo I think I can go in via the inputs that would be used for the GSM prep in the back of the stereo rather than splice into the bose system

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I meant, use the 3 connections on the back of the HU, mute, tel+ and tel-

I never mentioned splicing the BOSE system