Smoking Quezzie #2...

RedRobin

My feelings on the death penalty:  

1. 1. My feelings on the death penalty:

• Approve of it in some particular circumstances
    • Disapprove because the person *may* be innocent and can't risk it
    • Disapprove because it's the "easy way out" and they should be made to pay the penalty by rotting in prison
    • Disapprove because what gives us the right to take their life, regardless of the crime they committed?
    • Disapprove for another reason [please comment]

Inspired by collease's smoking thread.

Imagine you have recently met someone who you really dig. He/she [No! Not a He-she you buggers!] is a smoker but you are not (or you are but never smoke in your car). You hang out together but it only involves short car journeys and your cute friend doesn't light up a fag out of respect to you.

However, sooner or later you go away for a weekend together (for example) and it involves a long car journey. Do you?......

A - Ask her/him not to smoke in the car - Period!

B - Ask her/him not to smoke in the car but say you will stop for cigarette breaks.

C - Say to hell with it and let them smoke.

[ QUOTE ]

Not that I'd ever even dream of going out with someone who smokes, but that's beside the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

....But an interesting point. What if you were to meet a simply stunning lady, in all senses of the word and not just physically, and you fell hook line and sinker, head over heels in love, and you thought she was The One - But you then discovered she occasionally smoked. Would it suddenly all be off?

[What forum are we in? I hope I posted this topic in the LoJ]

EDIT: Ooops! I didn't LoJ it!

[ QUOTE ]

....But an interesting point. What if you were to meet a simply stunning lady, in all senses of the word and not just physically, and you fell hook line and sinker, head over heels in love, and you thought she was The One - But you then discovered she occasionally smoked. Would it suddenly all be off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, absolutely!

[ QUOTE ]

J_C > I'm probably/possibly/definitely/maybe the same. I'm fairly sure but not 100%. I think I would first try and persuade her to stop smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yes, me too if I'm honest, although it's largely academic - if she was a smoker (even an occasional one) it's doubtful that I'd have reached the 'hook, line and sinker' stage anyway!

Smoking - urrrgh Flush.gif

Good question!

Personally I've got to collect my mkv GTI from Wakefield & I live in Deepest nottinghamshire.

My fag addiction's grim & I smoke like the proverbial chimney.

Do I?

1/Start smoking in it from the outset?

2/Try to last as long as possible knowing I'll spark up in it eventually?

3/Take breaks every time I need a fag?

I have an hour long commute each way to work & sorry,enjoy a fag behind the wheel!

Thoughts please? 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Being an ex smoker (4 whole weeks and counting grin.gif )

i would never of given up anything for any man 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Surely you know that not all men are the same and some may be worthy of giving something up for.

Good for you if can give up smoking. I always say don't give it up unless you want to, and then make sure you do so if the question arises.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Being an ex smoker (4 whole weeks and counting grin.gif )

i would never of given up anything for any man 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....Surely you know that not all men are the same and some may be worthy of giving something up for.

Good for you if can give up smoking. I always say don't give it up unless you want to, and then make sure you do so if the question arises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the only way anyone will give something up be it eating to much or smoking it has to be done for 1 reason and that's because said person wants to do it 169144-ok.gif

Gee, you and I really do speak different languages - I now understand that your earlier words meant that you would only give something up for your own sake and not because someone else wanted you to. 169144-ok.gif

OFF TOPIC: I think this may be my 10,000th post and it's not in the GTI forum! grin.gif