audi a6 double radiator

shengen

my audi a6 2.8 quattro has 2 radiators the back one gets hot when the engine is running but the front one I havent a clue what it is for it got very hot when I was running the aircon. but it was also wet when the heating was on full HI could it be leaking or is it condensing water out of the air as it drags heat in ? please help put my mind a trest

The front one is your air con it will get hot as it dissipates the heat extracted from the inside of your car. In winter if you have your aircon on you will find that that radiator will be cold as it is then used to gather heat from the outside air

thanks thats helped me some what but should it get wet? this was yesterday when the atmosphere was damp but not particularly cold. Can it leak water ? the pipes coming from it were wet with condensation but only the bottom half of the radiator was wet could it be low on gas , I'm not an expert at these matters.

[ QUOTE ]

thanks thats helped me some what but should it get wet? this was yesterday when the atmosphere was damp but not particularly cold. Can it leak water ? the pipes coming from it were wet with condensation but only the bottom half of the radiator was wet could it be low on gas , I'm not an expert at these matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will get wet and water will run from the radiator its a natural fact of air conditioning the hot refrigerant is fed into the top of the coil (radiator) as it travels down the coil it is condensed as back to a liquid as it gives off its heat , by the time it is at the bottom of the coil the gas has changed back to a liquid which is cold and causes evapouration of moisture in the air that comes into contact with the bottom of the coil. BTW an air conditioning system does not contain water it is filled with refrigeration gas so dont ever be tempted to remove a vale cap on the pipework and depress the valve