haldex oil change time and cost

dazr32

hello people

just a question about the haldex oil, at what mileage should it be changed and also what about the filter, should i get that done at the same time, has anyone had this done, if so how much did it cost and is it a diy job or leave it to the professionals. cheers beerchug.gif

Oil is changed at 20k and can't remember filter interval but think its 40k. I had filter and oil changed when I had the Haldex PP fitted. Probably worth getting the filter done at same time as oil. Believe its easy enough DIY but its fiddly from what I've read. Probably about an hour for pro to do it.

it takes about 20 minutes to do the oil and filter.(oil £10 filter £20) the oil change is a matter of squirting the fluid in, you use a normal skeleton gun. a special vag spanner (£30 from the dealer)is needed to change the filter. the modshack sell a tool to do it also.

[ QUOTE ]

cheers dan i may enquire about oil type and if any special syringe is needed to drain/fill the diff/coupling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just done my own for the 1st time

Oil (comes in a cartrige) & filter from VW [£35 approx]

Tools from Laser [via halfords] £24.50 ( a filter spanner & 5mm key for the drain plug as a kit [no. 3938])

Used a mastic gun thingy to push the oil in.....

....you will need a lot of ground clearance to get the gun vertical under the car, if you are not using a lift [!]

cheers crazy.gif

thanks for the replys people

i may have a go at it but if it is only going to save me a tenner (hotdog) then i may as well let the stealers do it.

by the way hotdog had the cruise done, the techy did it spot on, just bored going down the motorway now fekr.gif