Autglym lifeshine?.....& can I add??

seventyseven

Sorry, but Can anyone tell me more about this?

Going to be keeping my car more than 7 years & it'll live outdoors,so thinking it might be a good idea but would like more details.

Any experience of it?

Glad you Spec'd it?

Ordered 7 weeks ago(import via Holland),will I be able to add it to the order still?

Quasimoto-It's just questions,questions,questions!! SPericani2.gif

Buy it online and do it yourself - main dealers pay approx £25-£40 for the kit then charge you approx £250 for the privelege of putting it on your new car, which they will be valeting anyway!

This is what I did, but then I run an independant dealer.

However my car gets polished once a month so it was proably a waste of money for me!

If you are going to clean your car a lot, which I suspect you will, use a quality polish and don't bother with lifeshine 169144-ok.gif

Just took delivery of 2 A3 two weeks ago one diesel S Line and one petrol 2.0t both with quattro

I had diamond shine on both and am now in the process of complaining it was a waste of £600 for the two cars and agree with below a good polish would have given us the sdame results hope this helps!

You can buy it local to Nottingham for £10 off ebay, and do it yourself in a morning, this will save you £200. The guy that sells it works for a local dealer, he locks himself in to his cleaning bay with his feet up for an hour or two while the salesman thinks he is applying the Lifeshine. You then buy a car from this dealer paying for the treatment but it's never been applied.

DO IT YOURSELF AND YOU KNOW IT'S BEEN DONE !!!!!!!!!

plus if you put lifeshine on the surface and then use a polish on the car it will abrade away the lifeshine before it makes any impact on the swirling / marks on the paintwork.

Dont bother - even with the ebay versions as its really not worth it... if you want to ask the pros then get yourself over to detailing world.

I paid to have Lifeshine applied by the dealer....I shouldn't have! smashfreakB.gif I've since bought a kit off Ebay for £15 and for complete peace of mind applied it myself allowing 5 hours before buffing off. It's easy to apply and remove yourself and if you do it yourself you can apply to wheels and door shuts too.

I actually do rate Lifeshine and even after driving in the rain, the car is still amazingly clean - having now applied 2 coats of Lifeshine and a coat of AG High Gloss Protection I can only compare the water repelling properties to that of Rain-X, even after several washes.

With hindsight, it's definitely not worth paying £300 for at the stealers but definitely worth buying and applying yourself in my opinion. wink.gif

Hmmm .. I've had Diamondbrite on the old Celica T-Sport, Supaguard on the Landie, Diamondbrite on 2 Audis and now both Lifeshine AND Diamondbrite on the GTI.

And the best of the lot?

Meguiers! NXT Generation gave the GTI a deep, glossy finish - better than the >£1,000 I've paid to stealers in the last 3 years! Save the money and begin suffering from the affliction known as MCG - Meguiers Compulsive Disorder.

ECLIPSe.gif

Don't waste your money get it off E-Bay for £25 and apply it yourself it's worth the money you get the interior scotch guard, (two bottles)glass treatment, polish there's enough for a re-application and windscreen wash boost (I'll put that in when it gets cold and wet)very therapeutic....