Reversing Sensors

jwo

I fitted the Audi aftermarket kit but don't know if it's the same.

If it is, then maybe you could re-calibrate it. If you get access to the control unit, re-join the blue wire and then go around 30-50cm away from a wall and engage reverse gear. Wait for the correct beep and the jobs a good'un. Just cut the blue wire again.

I dont know how much the aftermarket kit is - I bought a genuine one on Fleabay for £80 brand new.

I fitted it 2 weeks ago or so (not difficult but time consuming and the stealers wanted around £300 to fit them!) and it is excellent - works very well indeed.

You will need Audi spray paint to colour match them for a decent looking job.

[ QUOTE ]

Out of interest... how much is the Audi after market kit? Is it any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask NelsonA4SLine for a quote. smile.gif I find it absolutely excellent. Would definately recommend it and once you've got the bumper off, it's a doddle to fit.

[ QUOTE ]

You will need Audi spray paint to colour match them for a decent looking job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got Halfords to make me some up as it wasn't one of their pre-done colours. Came out perfect though.

They are easy to fit and the bumper is relatively, if time consuming, to remove and refit. You will need ELSAWIN to find out how to do it and for the diagarams. Without it it is difficult to know which nut/bolt to undo to get the bumper off. I did the whole thing on my own in an afternoon saving £300 that the stealers wanted.

Oh and by the way if you do have a go, on the cab, the circles marked inside the bumper ARE NOT for the sensors. The sensors are centred in 4 square panels sited inside the plastic reinforcement fixed inside the bumper panel. I nearly drilled large holes in the wrong place! The location for drilling is not very clear in ELSAWIN or the sensor instructions.

Er my 'friend' got one from fleabay. Wiring is easy if you have the confidence to cut into your wiring loom near the NS rear light cluster. Only two wires need to be plumbed in - both are for the reversing light. Once the system is set up the loop of blue wire to the sensor control unit is cut and insulated. If you have fitted car radios etc yourself its a doddle. You will need a crimping tool and a hot air gun to make the connnections and seal them.