2500 miles ....

anwd4041

.....and still enjoying the GTI immensely.

One night last week around midnight I had to travel to Manchester from Sheffield via the snakes pass (A57). The road was dry as a bone and the night sky was clear with bright moonlight, most importantly the road was clear of traffic and full of twisty bends. This section of road can be scary at times and many have come unstuck.

Anyhow, a long story short I gave the car some proper hammer now it feels bedeed-in and I just could not stop smiling. When cornering at speed the car would not budge from the line chosen and felt superb. Aggressive acceleration from 3rd and 4th gear was phenomenal.

One thing I have noticed is quite a bit of wind noise coming from the doors. I have checked them and all seems fine. I suppose nothing is 100% perfect.

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks - do you mean the gap between the mirror unit and the mount - where the mirror unit snaps forward if it is hit ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I put the silicone into the gap on the underside of the mirror body, where the plastic edges (nearly) meet (underneath the indicator lens). It appeared to be turbulence caused by the gap that generated the whistling.

Run the silicone along the length of that gap (i.e. from the outside edge of the mirror body to near the pivot point). Needs a steady hand and a reasonably fine tip on the silicone applicator, then smooth it into the gap, maing it as flush as possible to avoid a new noise . tongue.gif