?Insurance time again!

Dan32

Just had a good quote from Greenlight Insurance (£650) using their online form. Anyone had any experience of them? I listed all of my modifications and they can offer trackday cover on top of the policy for individual events. It sounds good and has all of the normal 'driving in europe, windscreen cover etc' that i would expect from any other big insurer.

I like the fact I haven't been penalised for driving a modified car - Sainsburys Bank were £100 dearer and won't let me modify the engine any further than I already have.

Advice and comments always welcome!

Don't go near Sainsbury under any circumstances. I've had huge problems with very large increases in premiums for minor changes (£200 added for Haldex, 4 days in Belgium and changing from 12K to 14K miles for the year - 30% increase in initial premium).

Can't modify my car any further until next year when I change away from them. Bad, bad, bad experience, hours of 'phone calls, no official complaints procedure, totally inexperienced call centre staff, greedy underwriters. I just hope that if I ever need to make a claim I ain't insured through them.

Tesco's were very good with my old heavily modified S4, but always tell them you can get it cheaper elsewhere,if you are their kind of business they will price match.

Hi Dan - I paid 650 this time around incl. no-claims protection, all mods and 90 days Euro cover - through Direct Choice (underwritten by Highway).

It's also like-for-like replacement on the factory fitted options, unlike Admiral who claim they don't have to replace things like leather, sunroof, cruise etc suicide.gif

169144-ok.gif

AF are a bit strange they came up with a terrible quote for my girlfriend which was 100% more than anyone else even after referral to their underwriter.

Her case is a bit strange as she has no No Claims as she has driven on my insurance for 20 years, they seemed to think that she could not handle a RS32 even though her normal car is a Porsche!

However I know many others have found them OK.

Also to add when it comes to mods I am finding insurance companies ( apart from Adrian Flux (although they are trying to charge a bomb) will entertain insuring but will not actually payout for these items if you ever had to make a claim...does this sound normal to you modified guys and gals??

Just renewed mine last week. Was with Elephant but they gave me a ridiculous renewal quote and that was before I mentioned the mods. I ended up going with Adrian Flux as they gave me the best quote when the mods were taken into account. I had some significantly lower quotes from some other companies but they were not mod freindly unfortunately. beerchug.gif

Oatz - the quote I got also included paying like for like on the mods but most big insurers don't like any mods and Sainsburys underwriters actually said that I can't do anything more to the engine after I did the exhaust and CCAI to take it over 250bhp! They obviously don't realise that 6463 probably pushed it close to that!

I guess I could spend a day getting some quotes but I think the lack of a garage will hinder my chances of getting much taken off. I may try the 'up the excess and what can you do on the price then' tactic. Cheers for all the leads, guys.