John Cooper Works S

Riz

[ QUOTE ]

I need to find one that clean. The rust has put me off getting one so far. How do you keep it away?

[/ QUOTE ]Well the one I found was very well looked after and had been treated with wax, costs about £360 + VAT for 3 years worth of protection, it mainly covers the underside of the car, sills and cavities etc.

I have minor rust under my front windscreen which im going to have seen to in the new year.... but keeping the car clean on regualar basis helps...... the main problem of rust isnt a easy issue to keep away 100% so its a matter of keeping abit of money aside for rust repairs etc.... but if your body work doesnt get damaged too much, it should be ok.

Like I said mine was well looked after for a 1999 car and it has about 30,500 miles on her and shes running sweet.

I would deffo recommend you buy one, just be prepared to give it a yearly TLC treatment.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

Right about time I did a brief review... done about 1800 miles or so since I collected her from Colchester over a month ago and she is running fine.

*Please note that ive never driven a mini before and that my previous cars cost about twice the price with double the bhp.... etc*

Its a 1999 John Cooper Works S, mine is number 5 of 25 ever made, it is based on the Mini 40th Limited Edition which sold out very quickly, John Cooper had 25 more made for his special S Works conversion which consisted of uprated parts, mainly air induction, pistons, cams, tuning, exhaust etc.... giving approx 90bhp - 95bhp, in a car that has under 700kg of weight it makes a good, fun drive.

The car that I bought had been very well looked after with a service every 6000miles or so.... very little rust for its age and came with full service history, reciepts, manuals, books and invoices galore!

It has all the standard Mini Cooper S features but with full red leather interior, cooper badges, mats etc and only came in Brooklands Green with white roof and stripes.

Rare items on the car include interior trip items which the John Cooper signature engraved into them and a 5 of 25 plaque on the glovebox.

When I bought the car it had a Apline CD head unit which I have now replaced for a iPod version..... it has just 2x 13cm goodmans mini speakers on the rear parcel shelf but I wont be changing these as they are fab! shocked.gif

The car came fitting with a MOMO gearknob which was bought from a John Cooper Garage but it wasnt the original which was supposed to come with the car frown.gif but not to worry as I managed to get a hold of one... so now the car is 100% original apart from the head unit. ace!

The car has also has a brand new John Cooper DTM replacement exhaust system fitted as the old one was worn..... that was fitted in August this year... as you can see, the owner spared to expense. 169144-ok.gif

The 13" alloy wheels are in good condition also and are wearing Dunlop SP2000 tyres.... about £45-65 each to replace..... cheap eh.

It has a small fuel tank, about 20-34 litres, but I think it has a smaller thank compared to the standard offering from mini of 34 litres..... I think it has a 20 litre tank.

Not sure what mpg is does but it`ll be around the 36-40mph mark as a guess...

Its a basic car with basic features but somehow it managed to always bring a smile to my face.... just like the R32 and S3 did....... has a certain "soul" its hard to explain.... but somebody once told me.. you dont drive a mini, you wear it confused.gif

Right rememeber this isnt a performace car but here are approx figures if your intrested.....

0-62mph in less than 9 seconds

Weight is about 700kgs

Top speed is over 115mph

1.3 litre multi-injection

The cars RRP back in 1999 was £12,995 OTR.

Now having owned a R32/S3 etc even the 206 and Astra... this Mini performace-wise was right at the bottom..... so I wasnt expecting much, bought it purely for its "soul"

But OMG the smile this car brings to my face..... the way it goes around corners is unreal..... ok honestly its nothing like my previous cars but it has that "special feeling"

I have still yet to drive it abit more and find out its bad and good points... but so far its all good... will update again soon.

Riz

ECLIPSe.gif

actually using it today the mini that is... the black one smile.gif

rich has my lupo smile.gif and we only got the mini back yesterday from having its tracking sorted... not mine... but i used his car for university project smile.gif am insured on the beast tho!!

and it is a beast!

free u wish!! rich paid a fair amount to have that done!! even as my uni project!

[ QUOTE ]

Riz, do not tinker with that car!

I'll find you and take it away from you if you even dream of destroying the specialty that car has! wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Well I dont want to tinker with it one bit, but just wondering what would happen if the engine failed?

Its done 31,500 miles and im going to get a oil change done every 6k miles.

Riz 169144-ok.gif