Long Order Delays

rwinstock

Hello Everyone,

First time poster here...currently awaiting delivery of my nice shiny new A6 2.0TDi after many years of A3 ownership. wink.gif

My post is about the horrid delays to my order:

1) First ordered car September 6th, with an originally advised estimated delivery of “6-8 weeks”.

2) That got revised in October to December 15th, which was bad enough....but

3) Last week I get another phone call saying February 2007 is earliest I can expect my new toy!

The only plus point is that as the car hasn’t even been built yet the dealer has amended the spec and added the AMI option as a gesture of goodwill! laugh.gif

Has anyone else experienced a near 7 month wait for a fairly bog-standard order? confused.gif

As far as I know it's a fairly "normal" order. The reason Audi are giving me is too many orders in September following a finance offer! openfire.gif

My spec is:

Vehicle specification:

* AUDI A6 DIESEL SALOON 2.0 TDI TDV SE 4dr

Colour:

* Solid - Brilliant black

Trim:

* Meridian cloth - Black

Factory Options:

* 6 CD auto-changer in glove box

* 60/40 split folding rear seat with lock

* Auto boot lid opening

* Auto dimming rear view mirror

* DVD based satellite navigation system with RDS TMC

* Electric rear + manual rear side sunblinds

* Heated front seats

* Meridian cloth upholstery

* Solid paint

* Storage pack - A6

* Audi Music Interface (FOC smile.gif)

I can't see anything which should cause this delay....can anyone else?

I would have thought it is just down to volume. My dealer did mention that the recent offers did make it more difficult to get sensible build weeks.

I would have though if it is anything to do with the spec it would be the engine that's the sticking point. This is in every Audi/VW/Seat and Skoda model at the moment, got to be very common overall and required by the factories in big numbers.

Oh Well! Looks like you guys have heard the same stories as me...so I'll just have some patience until it turns up!

As I said the upside is the FOC inclusion of the AMI, so I guess I’ll be one of the first with one of those…when (if!) I ever get my hands on it I’ll let you all know what it’s like.

Spoke to Audi UK Customer service today...no real progress. They also have no idea why it is delayed, although "popularity" was sighted as the most likely reason!

They could however tell me that I have a "confirmed" build week of Week 3 2007, so I guess early February is on the cards!

• 1 month later...

Blimey yours has taken a LONG time. Maybe because of the popularity of the 2.0d engine/offers etc. I ordered my 2.0Tfsi Sline Avant 20th Dec and was told build week 3 by the dealer etc and they have phoned me Friday to say the car will be with them by end of this week so about a 6 week lead time for mine. Looking forward to my first Audi.

Audi A6 2.0TSI Sline Avant.

Avus Silver.

Heated Leather,

Xenons,Adaptive,Rear LEDS,

Folding Dimming,

AMI (Ipod)

MMI High DVD Nav

Storage,Through Load,

Interior Light pack,

Privacy

Bluetooth,

Parking.

Further Flippin' Update: The car was built on 16th January, however for reasons that audi can't understand or explain it then took until 27th to reach Emden in north Germany where it is awaiting a ship, all this despite being assured that it had been at Emden since 19th.

I've lost my rag and told them they've got until 9th February (week on Friday) to get it to me or I'll be cancelling the order and going to BMW!

You tell them! Can't understand your LONG delay. Picked mine up today and so far well pleased!Driving environment so much better than my ex BMW although not as involving to actually drive? Multitronic box is superb and although still nowhere near run in(60miles) the 2.0TFSI engine pulls very strongly. Just getting use to ALL the bits MMI,AMI,DIS,NAV etc etc. Pleny of bedtime reading to do.

Friday's News: It’s on a ship at last...with a booked delivery to me of 9th February (coincidentally). One interesting item in their email says that “the vehicle will have the AMI interface fitted as soon as it arrives with us” which implies it’s a dealer-fitable option already.

AMI is not a dealer fit. When my car arrived last week I went to the dealers to check it before it was prepped etc and AMI was fully integrated from the factory. You have to order the IPOD connector cable as extra from the dealer £25.00 so maybe that is what they mean? Hope you get your car Fri it will be worth the wait!