Replacement Boxster soft-top

stephen_guy

Had my Boxster hood replaced this weekend by those nice people at the Carhood Warehouse in Chessington, Surrey. The old roof was sort of faded-grey with a plastic window that had grown opaque and difficult to see behind whether you were being tailed by Traffic police or just some nutter with a point to prove. I personally think the car looks better with a colour-coded glass-windowed hood as opposed to the previous two-tone crisp packet.

Let me know what you think.

StevieG

post-16264-137914388064_thumb.jpg

I bought it as a used car from Porsche about two years ago. I did ask them to replace the hood as part of the negotiations however the said that it would cost about £1200 and declined so I didn't take it any further. This one cost £695 fitted including VAT which I thought was pretty good. I would recommend them.

I asked Carhood Warehouse to send me swatches for black, blue, grey and burgundy which the did very quickly. I already had a grey roof and wanted something different. The burgundy colour is close to the body colour and makes the car look quite different than it did previously. I imagine that they do other colours as well. Give them a ring if you are interested.