This is one cheap R32

Mattchaps

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally it takes ebay a few days to remove listings. Yet I have had listings quickly removed in the past for no reason or for stupid reasons. One such item was an unused Windows 2000 network operating system still sealed, etc. Apparently I was infringing their rules. I feel sure major organisations such as Microsoft have a free role over ebay to remove listings.

I also emailed the seller this morning (just to waste their time a little)

...Hello. My name is Carlos. I am fantastically interested in the 2003 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 3.2 V6 R32 that I have just witnessed on Ebay . I can deposit to pay you £5000 immediatly as of your 1st notice. Can you very much please provide me full detail about how to service to pay you and how I can pick the vehicle up. I have use of a Hi-Ab truck with a grabber so that would be my preferred method. I very think I may have witnessed this car in my local Tesco Superstore in Enfield and have fallen in love with it. In fact I dropped my spuds when I first saw it.

Some questions I need you to answer however. How long you have owned the GOLF . Has it got a full service history. Can we do a deal today.

Many thanks.

Carlos

[ QUOTE ]

...Hello. My name is Carlos. I am fantastically interested in the 2003 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 3.2 V6 R32 that I have just witnessed on Ebay . I can deposit to pay you £5000 immediatly as of your 1st notice. Can you very much please provide me full detail about how to service to pay you and how I can pick the vehicle up. I have use of a Hi-Ab truck with a grabber so that would be my preferred method. I very think I may have witnessed this car in my local Tesco Superstore in Enfield and have fallen in love with it. In fact I dropped my spuds when I first saw it.

Some questions I need you to answer however. How long you have owned the GOLF . Has it got a full service history. Can we do a deal today.

Many thanks.

Carlos

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I wish my email to the seller had been this good! Will be interesting to see who gets a reply!

I have emailed these scammers trying to sell R32's on ebay in the past to catch them out by asking them technical questions.

Unfortunatley they will ignore all your questions and just reply with a pre-prepared email again.

It would be so funny to see what they answered if they tried to have a go at replying.

These ****ers have been doing it for ever. I remember my parents getting hand written or tyoed letters from nigeria and other African countries asking for bank details so they could transfer a 'significant' amount of funds into due to some government loophole blah blah and you will get a comission of x amount making you quite well off.... Things don't change, only the medium does... Guess this guy wouldn't let you pay directly with paypal then....? grin.gif

it's now over 24 hours since I contacted Ebay with some harsh words. The advert for the vehicle is still alive and well.

No response is likely as they state clearly that users will not normally hear back about investigations.

I would never buy a vehicle off Ebay. Actually that's not fair. I will never buy anything off EBay Flush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

He is now attempting a different but more dangerous approach using a mish mash of photos that have been for sale over the last couple of weeks. (DO NOT BID!!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-VOLKSWAGEN-GO...1QQcmdZViewItem

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck to the seller as he obviously has balls of some galactic proportions !. I must however stand and laff if someone actually falls for this load of Boll*x blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

or maybe a couple of people could bid and just get it up to about 10 million so that noone does actually fall for a stupid scam (somehow people are stupid enough to still fall for these!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bidding for a laff is ok and fun until the "musical chair" syndrome kicks in and your left with a lemon !! sportifs2.gif

Features:

Volkswagen Golf R32 3.2 V6 250PS DSG finished in Deep Blue with anthracite vienna leather interior. Specification includes anti-lock brakes, climate control, 6 disc CD autochanger, alarm, power-assisted steering, driver, passenger and front side air bags, 18in alloy wheels, cruise control, 6 speed automatic gearbox, satellite navigation with 6.5" screen, full electric glass sunroof, electronic stability programme, rear parking sensor, multifunction computer highline, Recaro heated seats, electrically folding door mirrors with lighting, immobiliser, headlamp wash, driver/passenger seat lumbar support, split rear seat, rear wash wipe, driver/passenger seat height adjustment, radio/CD, front centre armrest, front electric windows, remote central door locking, trip computer, rev counter, steering wheel mounted controls, front/rear head restraints and rake/reach adjustable steering column/wheel. Multifunction wheel with paddleshift

What utter horseshite...... lol.gif

After 3 emails from me to ebay about each scam, they finally removed the ads.

However I did get the Usual Response from the scammer... (same texting as above)

[ QUOTE ]

Sent: 28 January 2007 04:26

Subject: Re: 2003 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 3.2 V6 R32

Hi there,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, work commitments.

The 2003 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 3.2 V6 R32 is still available for the price of £5,000 GBP + shipping to your door.The estimated cost for door to door shipping to just about anywhere in the UK will cost about £ 500 GBP and takes 8 days to arrive at your address. For an accurate shipping cost please include your shipping address in your next email.

The car was bought from UK, it meets the UK specs and... blah, blah, blah

I have just came back to my home country Hungary because...blah, blah, blah

Blah Blah blah...

Please email me soon if you want to move forward and let me know if you need anything else.

All the best!

[/ QUOTE ]

...my response...

I am very excited for your offer. 8 days is way too long however. Can I pay extra and have car within 3 days? I can come collect the GOLF. Out of good will, I will still pay you the £500 GBP shipping costs, even though I will be collecting the GOLF with my sisters Hi-Ab truck.

What did you say the mileage was on the car ?

I am currently located in Milton Keynes (near the second roundabout) I can bring cash in a brown paper bag, or can post it to you via secure mail.

I am lookings forward to your responses.

All the best!

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160078356087 He just keeps on coming back!