dashboard rattle

njc851

Hi there,

The top vent on the dashboard has a kind of almost non stop rattle that is gradually killing me.

VW reckon to have replaced it, I have also taken it aprt and made sure all is well, yet it continues.

If you're driving along, and the rattle is rattling, simply putting your hand over the big vent (IE lightly touching it) and it stops, but i've no idea how to pad it.

HELP??!!

Goes without saying, that the rattle disappears when I want to point it out to VW, same as the god awful creak from the front suspension.

I'm saving it all for the service now, just can't be arsed taking it in again for 2/3 days to get nothing fixed at all, and a 1 litre Polo to drive.

"sorry sir, we didn't hear anything", fault not found, and "yes, we've left it out in the -4 ice for you overnight.

have a nice day , sir"

cheers lads!

I had mine in at VW 2 weeks ago with a rattle from the back which was so loud i could hear it over the radio. After they had it for 2 days they phoned for me to pick up the car telling me they couldnt find or hear the rattle even admitting the sales rep heard it when he had a spin after they couldnt find a fault. I contacted the sales rep and explained that if the rattle wasnt found/fixed that he could just put the car up for sale as i wasnt wanting it with a rattle. I got a call within the next 2hrs to say they had found the housing clips in the rear seats were not too good problem fixed.VW dont like to look for rattles. Iv had mine 5months but only done 1400 miles no way it should rattle.