Thoughts on R32

nicks3

I think it really comes down to two things with the R32 and the S3 - 1. Do you prefer a blown 4 pot or 6 cylinders, and 2. Do you want an Audi badge on your car...

I know the S3 is quicker, and easier to get more power out of but for me when it came down to ordering (and it was between these two) it was just the eventfulness of the golf that swung it for me ECLIPSe.gif

As for R36/ RSi golf there has been so much talk about it - but second guessing VW seems a bit tricky. IMHO there will be an RSi golf (not R36 - reckon they will keep R32 for golf/ R36 for passat), but I just can't see it being a mk V. I know there are problems with the mk v in terms of production costs but it's only been going around 3 years and I just cant see a 'super' mk vi before 2009/10... sekret.gif

Olifh that is very interesting. The R32 does certainly have an unforgettable character!!! It sisnt always about outright speed, it is more importnant how a car achieves that. My 335d is a prime example of this, very very quick but in a clinical way..

In addition to this it is cheaper, can have 5 doors and DSG...........