light scratches

johnny11

i think this is the first time i`ve posted on this part of the forum so hello all.

I purchased a black saloon RS6 in late January and every week have given it a Autoglym shampoo and wash, but now i really want to get the car looking alot better. I`ve noticed swirl marks and a few very light scratches.

Here is what i normally use

Autoglym shampoo

Autoglym ultra deep shine

and finsh with,

Autoglym extra gloss protecton.

As I understand it Clay bar only removes surface polution, tar, fallout etc. It wont remove the swirls as the swirl is a type of surface scratch which needs a degree of cutting with something like the menzerna polish range and a polishing machine. But do use the clay bar prior to polishing our VAG paints are bloody hard and menzerna seems to be the only real effective polish out there this. 169144-ok.gif

Hi

As SKA has mentioned clay bars have no cut. If you made the mistake and bought a heavy duty bar you may well end up with swirls, but apart from that that for removing embedded grime and dirt.

To get rid of your swirls you will need to machine polish. There are a few posts on here about importing a porter cable polisher or you can buy the Meguiars one someone time soon right here in the UK.

The Menzerna polishes certantly seem to offer the easiest way to deal with the swirls at the moment.

Are you using a wash mitt?? What do you use to dry?? You might want to consider using one of the detailers on here to get your car in good shape for you.

Geoff

[ QUOTE ]

sorry call me stupid but detailers?? smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Car buffing pro's. They will remove scratches etc (within reason) by machine.

Out of interest what washing techniques do you use, because even if you do get them removed, if you just use one bucket and a yellow spounge from Halfrauds you will only but the scratches back on...

Hi,

You can wash MF ones you cant with lambs wool ones. So i use the MF on the lower parts or when the car is dirty and the wool ones otherwise.

I have 4 cars and clean them all the time so i go thru a few lambs wool mitts every 4-5 months. I just relegate them to wheels etc.

MF mitts where out too, its not always so desperate looking though. Once the pile starts to expose the base of the mitt then dirty can be forced between the mitt base and your car and you will get scratches.

The best ones i have tried and use now are Pinnicle!!

Geoff