A5/S5 Official Brochure & Price List

Daz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Audi have done a cracking job with the S5's weight. It weighs only 40kg more than an R32 despite being a lot bigger, carrying a V8 and having a load more kit. I'm well impressed but the lack of adaptive damping even as an option is making me sceptical until I have driven it.

The RS4 doesn't have adaptive damping and its hardly a bad handling car is it ?

The problem with the adaptive dampers is that they are actually quite heavy, or at least some can be which might be why they didn't use them ? Or they will bring them out later on as an enhancement ?!?

• 3 months later...

Hi All, I'm new so will be good to share info.. My situation is this: I ordered a 3.0tdi A5 back in April, Crawley Audi told me it should arrive July, but today they told me this in an email:

I have been in touch with our sales

office in Germany as your car doesn't seem to have gone on ship as yet.

Their response was that all A5 have had to go through another series of

quality checks before being released via the factory. This does mean a

slight delay in the delivery of all A5's to the UK at present time.

Unfortunately they will not give me an exact date at this moment in time but

they will contact us as soon as final production continues.

Anyone else waiting? I know most orders before launch were told July time, I've seen a couple around and Audi have one in the showroom and one to test drive. The frustration!!!

Nimble,

My wifes S5 was scheduled for week 26 production (end of June) and the last update from the dealer was that the car was awaiting shipment. It was over a week at stage 7 (final QC checks) which isn't usual. I assumed that it was some specific options that might have been causing the delay, but maybe it is something affecting all customer A/S5's. The car's at the dealers were probably pushed through inorder just to meet the launch date.

Our car still isn't at the dealers, but we've now decided to hang on till Sept 1st as we're away for a chunk of August.

[ QUOTE ]

Nimble,

My wifes S5 was scheduled for week 26 production (end of June) and the last update from the dealer was that the car was awaiting shipment. It was over a week at stage 7 (final QC checks) which isn't usual. I assumed that it was some specific options that might have been causing the delay, but maybe it is something affecting all customer A/S5's. The car's at the dealers were probably pushed through inorder just to meet the launch date.

Our car still isn't at the dealers, but we've now decided to hang on till Sept 1st as we're away for a chunk of August.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is strange as we had a later build date and the car still arrived pre-launch.

• 3 years later...

man I love these cars. But here in South Africa (that's where I live) they are very pricey. So I don't think I will be getting one right now.

Also I thought I'd say that you dumb guys would let me advertise stuff on my very last post.

Edited by shao_khan
spam

• bison unpinned this topic