Gone Gone gone - GTI sold

bulldoze

My GTI has finally been sold after 3 weeks of ads. Virtually no real interest, just crank callers, canvassers, offers from nigeria, and chancers offering 15k.

05 Diamond black, UK car, 19k miles, DSG, 18" Monzas. Excellent condition.

Originally offered at 17500 - no calls - went down to 16750 - no real interest either.

A dealer offered 16000 so I took the offer.

Dont believe the hype about low residuals and all that. If I had wanted to fetch 17500 I would have had to stump up for leather, satnav, upgraded audio and xenons when I bought the car and spent around £26k!

picked up a 54 plate GTI manual for my missus, got it for 13800, well pleased with it with 25000 miles on it, so errrm, 2 years and 2 months old.

so it's good news for some, although its annoying seeing it next to mine knowing it cost her 11 and a bit grand less than mine!!

Didn't do too bad really.

I keep saying on here anyone buying new is mad when you can get well speced used ones at decent prices. Mind saying that in the last year the prices have gone up for second hand used ones so maybe i should not say it as much, lol.

Current part ex for an 05 DSG 3door with 19K on is listed as

Excellent condition:

£15600

Average condition:

£14050

Below average condition:

£12500

So 16K from a trader or private is not bad.

Its a buyers market imo for used cars.

Nope lol but i know what we paid for a secondhand used one (i posted a while back what we paid for my dads) last year and we looked for at leat 3 months at loads of them for a 1 year old model with decent spec, so got too know what the average priecs were for them private. Its far more now than it was last year for a private one.

For what we paid we would be looking at nearly 2year old one, well more like a 1.5 years if im truthfull for the same price we got a year old one. The prices i noticed started creeping up late last year especially for 5door ones.

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

picked up a 54 plate GTI manual for my missus, got it for 13800, well pleased with it with 25000 miles on it, so errrm, 2 years and 2 months old.

so it's good news for some, although its annoying seeing it next to mine knowing it cost her 11 and a bit grand less than mine!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ERRRM am i getting this or am i being stupid, you sold your Dsg GTI then brought a manual GTI znaika.gif did you not like the DSG or did it go wrong and if yes to either question please tell more as I am looking to buy / order an import from motorpoint.

cheers bowdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ERRRM am i getting this or am i being stupid, you sold your Dsg GTI then brought a manual GTI znaika.gif did you not like the DSG or did it go wrong and if yes to either question please tell more as I am looking to buy / order an import from motorpoint.

cheers bowdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL....thats what I thought then I read again...it's not the same poster who answers 169144-ok.gif