warning lights!!!

dbr32

I've recently had my 03 plate R32 MOT'd. When i went to collect the car, I was pleased to hear it had sailed through the test.

However, i became concerned when i found the car had used about a 1/4 tank of fuel, and had been taken on a 10 mile test drive following the test!!!!!! mad.gifsportifs2.gif

After driving the car for about a mile, the engine management light came on, as did the light to indicate ESP was switched off. The lights went out after a couple of minutes, and have not reappeared since.

Anyone come across this scenario before (the lights - not the idiots at the test centre that is!!!)?!?!?!

Thanks for reading......

[ QUOTE ]

I've recently had my 03 plate R32 MOT'd. When i went to collect the car, I was pleased to hear it had sailed through the test.

However, i became concerned when i found the car had used about a 1/4 tank of fuel, and had been taken on a 10 mile test drive following the test!!!!!! mad.gifsportifs2.gif

After driving the car for about a mile, the engine management light came on, as did the light to indicate ESP was switched off. The lights went out after a couple of minutes, and have not reappeared since.

Anyone come across this scenario before (the lights - not the idiots at the test centre that is!!!)?!?!?!

Thanks for reading......

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a years warranty out of Hull VW after i caught them having taken the 32 for a 6 mile joy ride. The car only went in for a xenon problem !!. I would kick up a stink mate 169144-ok.gif

why they needed to take it on any sort of test drive following an MOT is a mystery - i think the spotty 17 year old apprentice fancied himself a bit of a joyride. fekr.gif

I did manage to get a free service and discount of a couple of rear tyres that i need replacing sometime soon, but to be honest, those t***s have had their chance! Flush.gif