mkv r32 knocking noise

gerbil

i have a 2006 mkv r32 which has done 15000 miles and have got a knocking noise which comes when going over uneven road surfaces but not necessarily when going over a bump (the noise seems to happen when vibration travels through the car and starts the knock.

any suggestions of what this could be would be very helpful.

thanks

Only thing i have ever had a problem with on the Mk V R32:. relating to knocking noises is the front drop link arms knocking when going over small bumps and rough roads.

Could be that but you local VW dealer should be able to diagnois the fault then sort it in a quick and efficient manner

• 2 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

i have a 2006 mkv r32 which has done 15000 miles and have got a knocking noise which comes when going over uneven road surfaces but not necessarily when going over a bump (the noise seems to happen when vibration travels through the car and starts the knock.

any suggestions of what this could be would be very helpful.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Any news regarding this knocking noise. I am currently having this problem and it manifests itself particularly on the front driver's side of the car over the rough, uneven roads. It's quite difficult to replicate as it requires a succession of dips and minor potholes to set up vibration in the car to set off the knocking noise. It's currently with VW at the moment and when they lifted the car up they did find that the rubber boot of the drop links seem to have worn off. Hopefully the droplinks are to be blamed and not something else more sinister. Anyway keep us posted. Cheers