Got a build week...

Risky

I don't have a clue what that means even though I know you do! iamwithstupid.gif

Anyway I get factory kits on new cars now - mind you the one on my TT is not the best, even with the volume on the mic having been turned right up by my dealer, I have to shout.

Risky, build week 30 is when your car will be built ie as you correctly said the w/c 23 July. It takes a week to build a car and then 2 weeks approx to dealer it to the dealership if the car is sent to the port of Grimsby (2 1/2 weeks if sent to Sherness). Port location depends on where you dealership is located. Once in the dealer the usual turn around is 4-5 working days (vehicle check in, pdi (pre-delivery inspection), valet, invoice, delivery). So relalistically you should be getting your car w/c 13 Aug. There may be a slight delay at this stage as the VAG in the UK (VW Audi Group) usually initialise automatic 'call off' on all new built cars. Normally once a car is built it will stay at the port of Calais until the dealer hits a button and 'calls it off' ie authorises it to be delivered. In August all the manufacturers issue automatic call off as they want as many cars hitting the show rooms as possible to win the September registration battle. Hope this gives you a bit more time to order your new fluffy dice!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

mind you the one on my TT is not the best, even with the volume on the mic having been turned right up by my dealer, I have to shout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Merlot - are you sure it's not been set up for left hand drive. Might sound stupid but it happened to me in my company 320d. Had to shout until I read on a forum somewhere that the mics had been fitted incorrectly because of procedural problems at the factory....

We've had our build week confirmed for my wife's S5 as week 26, so that's sometime around the end of June. Should be with the dealer by mid July, so it looks like being one of the 1st on the road in the UK.

It's Phantom Black, with Pearl Silver leasther and we've specced most of the toys, Sat Nav +, B&O, Heated Front & Rear Seats, Adaptive Lights, Comfort Pack, Bluetooth Phone, AMI, Homelink, Cruise, and the Audi Parking Sys Advanced.

We ordered ours a couple of days after the official Audi anouncmemts, sometime early March, just as the car was being shown at Geneve, so we were probably a few days in front of you Risky. It's our dealers 1st S5 allocation.

As for a deposit we haven't been asked for one yet by our friendly Audi dealer, however as Merlot correctly calced we will have spent just over £100k with then in the last 12 months. I wasn't asked for one on the RS4 either.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered my S5 in the middle of May and have promised it by the end of this month. Decided to go for Phantom Black with Black leather. Added Nav, B + O, Ipod interface, adaptive lights, hill hold, Bluetooth prep, Carbon inlays, Advanced Key, Cruise Control and Advanced Park Assist. Saw a 'real' car for the first time at Goodwood and can't wait for the end of the month now. Have been invited to our dealer's launch event at Champneys, Tring, is anyone else going to this one?