Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

some pictures on here whet the appetite for the weekend

http://motobug.smugmug.com/photos/sspopup.mg?AlbumID=3041444

[/ QUOTE ]

Great photos, Steve. What camera are you using out of interest? The shots of moving cars are awesome...

Chaz

[/ QUOTE ]

Chaz, they are not mine, borrowed from another site,

I only took my Fuji F30 this year, forgot to charge the battery pack up for my Fuji s602

DSCF1450Small.jpg

DSCF1449Small.jpg

Simply cannot believe how lucky we were weather-wise on Friday. Unbelievable. Actually I feel a bit guilty. blush.gif

Badly need to catch some sleep, but a full write up and efforts from the Canon to follow. An excellent TSN micro-meet too!

Oh and reference the Veyron, for me it was a case of right time, right place - although some people say you make your own luck....

Ian

What a wierd weekend smashfreakB.gif

As others have said Friday was by far the best day, we arrived quite late, a little before 2pm.

We headed straight to see the Audi R8 and straight away bumped into one of the Audi events organisers who was at the LM07, in no time he gave us 2 'sponsors guest' badges which gave us all day access to the Audi stand VIP lounge (upstairs) for free beer/wine/food, as it happens we had a very civilised tea and scone, in addition to that it gave us all day access to Lord March's house and 'THAT BALCONY'......... needless to say we had free champers and beer overlooking the crowd while it rianed............. and finally the badge gave us access to the sponsers tent on the first right hander after the start line.

I could get used to this Audi hospitality malarky. beerchug.gif

Saturday was great, we spent a few hours up at the WRC stage, witnessing all the cars from the Sasb 2 stroke right up to the 2007 WRC's, we had tickets in the corner grandstand which was a great location as you could see the cars approaching Molecomb and then heading off up the hill.

Nice to meet up with Mr Carter and Sarah for some light refreshments as well beerchug.gif

Saturday was after 2pm was washout, all that torrential rain and hailstones was just not amusing, we were ok, but loads of people were just soaked through...... yelrotflmao.gif

As usual Goodwood produced some great cars and great sights and sounds, being in the Paddock at 7.15am on Saturday was great, people to chat to and even a few cars to sit in.

We dropped into the Richard Burns memorial trust stand - did anyone take note of that RB320 - I WANT ONE.........

Last year I bought a Marko Martin signed T shirt 1 of 100 for the RB Trust, this year I bagged a 1 of 10 signed by Colin McRae, not bad for £60 - espacilaly as last week at LM07 the stands were flogging Porsche Martini Racing T shirts for 85 yo yo's.... NONO3.GIF

Leaving Goodwod was 'fun' we got stuck in the mud a few times but finally got out and back to our hotel.

Sunday was sh1te - so we come home a day early.

Still going next year though 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Sunday was sh1te - so we come home a day early.

Still going next year though 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite coffee.gif but when you've paid £94.00 for two tickets and you only live an hour away you just have to roll your trousers up and make a day of it.............

1182638-GoodwoodFOS2007002.JPG

1182638-GoodwoodFOS2007067.JPG

BUB SAUER0421.GIF

post-5262-137914402164_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

We headed straight to see the Audi R8 and straight away bumped into one of the Audi events organisers who was at the LM07....

[/ QUOTE ]

JC said he recognised him too. Lucky Fatcat! tongue.gif

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Pete. We departed at 3:30pm, coincicentally about 2 minutes before the heavens' opened. I left Sarah and JC in the paddock by the R10, hence hopefully there was plenty of cover.

<font color="red">Photo's as promised.</font>

Dad is poping home Friday, hence I've asked him to deliver me his 35mm SLR efforts as well to scan and add to my album later.

Ian