Saw a RHD S5

Merlot

I found it...taken from issue 22 of 'Winding Road' in which the S5 is reviewed:

"The challenge is that there is no multimode sport suspension involving either normal dampers or the outstanding Audi Magnetic Ride units we’ve experienced on the new TT. While we appreciate the uncharacteristic simplicity that this represents when dealing with a modern premium German chassis, not having the sensational dual-mode Magnetic Ride setup at all in the S5 mix is not good. Fortunately, an Audi contact at another recent launch responded to our mild S5 criticism by letting us know that this problem was on the Audi to-do list to be rectified promptly following the start of North American deliveries in October. As it is, however, the default sport suspension calibrations are sporty enough for everyman, also bearing up well under the most aggressive drive moments in hairpins at speed. Jerkiness is gone from all severe surface-impact moments."

The full article can be found here.

Thanks John. To my mind the MR on my TTR is best presented as a great cruising tool - the car is so soft with no steering lock on - but it firms up really well for the corners. Sport is great for a blast but it is really so good in Normal. That's where the article is wrong - I want MR for the bits between the corners. I'm sure that the S5 is great round the corners as it is but like my B6 S4 Avant it will need something better for the straights.

FWIW MR costs about £1200 on the TT which is great value IMHO.