Megs Ulitmate Quik Detailer

steelwind101

Hi guys,

Picked up some of this the other day: product_G14422.jpg

As far as a QD goes at about 10 quid bottle it isnt cheap but it does have some very intreasting qualities which really have to be tried.

I applied some last wednesday to my car here and washed yesterday evening. I had been through one messy rainstorm and notice that water sheeted off when it was raining hard. This sheeting was similiar EGP or even some of the zymol waxes when you just pelt them with water from the hose from close up; fast and clean. As the rain eased and i made it back to the car park i noticed the car had intense beading, very similar to a fresh coat of Megs 16 but even tighter.

The real beauty kicked in yesterday when rinsing my car. I washed using Mothers Cali. Gold and when i rinsed off using the hose on flood there was hardly a drop of water on the car. I took out my drying towel and was left only dry around the wing mirrors, infront of the lights on the front bumper and down below the plastic strips on the doors. I dident need to use any extra effort with the hose to get his result.

Water spotting and contact time with the car was reduced greatly, reducing chances of swirling etc. I only had Megs 26 @ 2 weeks old under the UQD (ulimate quik detailer). This product performed just like the videos i posted on here before the product was launched.

As far as QDíng goes it doesnt add a whole lot to the looks. I dont really know about its cleanng power as i havent used it in that capacity as yet.

Megs claim it is "Hydrophobic Polymer Technology" that repells the water, durability on one spray is yet to be tested, i cant wait until next weekend to find out!! The car is sitting out there in 100f heat every as well.

Im sure this would compliment alot of waxes, Pinnicle Sovereign wax which seems to get quiet dusty and then messy after rain leaving spots and loosing its looks.

I shall see how it last this week, i wonder if it will last longer on polymer finish such as NXT or #21.

Geoff

Ok so week two, we had a alot of thunder and rain on tuesday and it got the car very dirty. The product still rinsed free easily but i noticed it was slower on the lower panels. Bugs slide off ease.

I applied some UQD to a green SUV about 15 mins ago and it definatly made it deeper. This product is more "booster" protection then QD!!

Geoff

Yeah it acutally adds a layer of polymer protecion, it says it takes 12 hrs to cure so while it does QD it also leaves behind protection.

It reminds me a bit of Optimum opti-seal in its looks on darker colours.

Anyway, couldent help but buy another spray to bring back with me, they are 22 FL OZ not 16oz like alot of QD's.

I couldent resist but show you how much a bottle costs....

bill.jpg

Geoff

(About 2.50 UKP after rebate of $5)

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update.

Its about 3 and half weeks since i first applied this and it is just about gone. Water isnt really sheeting or beading all that much anymore on most of the panels. The boot and the back doors seem to sheet ok but the rest of the car isnt doing anything special and i feel if i wanted to see the benefits i originally posted i would need to have reapplied it before this 4th wash.

Its acutally a polymer sealant, so you might see longer durabilty over a sealant like NXT etc.

Geoff

Hi!

It depends on the Megs QD spray you have, Meguiars has quite a few out there. Essentially quick detailers are a liquids which have the ability to clean your paintwork. They remove light dust by locking it away from the paintwork. Many QD's also boost or enhance the looks of your paintwork.

There are many variations recently, some are really mild light waxes some are light polymer sealants. Some major on cleaning, some major on gloss enhancing.

The main use in the UK is either for: Lubricant to be used with a clay bar OR to help dry the car.

QD's (quick detailers) help disperse water and their lubricating abilities help your drying towel slide better over the paintwork reducing swirl marks and scratches. If your QD is NXT or UQD then you will get the benefit of making your car look extra nice after you have dried with them. The red bottled QD is more for claying and drying then improving looks.

Just wash your car as per normal, rinse and before you dry a panel give it a single spray of QD and drying should be easier.

I hope that helps.

Geoff

Hi!

If you want to bring back that just waxed look i would shoot some NXT detailer over the car when you dry. I would keep your RED qd for claying with.

I personally wouldent use a quick detailer right after applying EGP as moisture can compromise its durability. But you can certantly use it to help pick up any loose dust after SRP.

Often when QD's talk about waxes they are relating to natural waxes rather then synthetic ones (which EGP is).

Geoff