[Audi A3/S3] Upgrading to Symphony double din head unit

mikebridges

Hi all, I have anither rookie question for you all. My 1998 A3 has a single din Concert 1 head unit with a disc changer in the boot. I have the sub in there too and it all sounds great. Only thing is it keeps jumping quite a bit, and coming up with no-cd on the head unit, at which point I have to switch to the radio and then back again to make it work. Any how, I was wondering how easy is it to upgrade to the double din Symphony 1 or 2 head unit. The climate control panel is situated right at the bottom of the dash (please see the photo). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise will the Concert 2 head unit fit. Would I have to adapt the wiring at all to fit any of these newer head units?

post-17494-13791440381_thumb.jpg

Cool thanks for that, I did a little digging and looks like upgrading the head unit to a newer one is a bit tricky. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a new changer. Might also look for a new head unit the same as my existing one, as it seem to be doing the volume thing, where it goes down when you turn it up.

Will have to look into the Andymac upgrade