Dension IPOD kit with cradle for Audi

cheechy

Hi,

I've got a Dension Ipod in-car kit to sell on. Suitable for the Concert 2 and Symphony 2 (but may fit other Audi headunits but this would have to be verified). Its been working flawlessly in the car but as the car is going then this has to go as well.

Its loaded up with the 2.17 firmware which means that you can control the IPOD from the headunit or directly via the IPOD itself.

Also included is the holder for the cradle that fits into the dash to the left of the headunit.

I'm looking for £50. Please PM if interested. 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

does this work with all ipods? i have the latest gen 30gb black ipod (obviously the cradel wont fit but i just want to connect the cable into my ipod

Also.. i want to be able to control the ipod as i would from the click wheel.. not via some crappy 3rd party software where i can only play from preset play lists... is this possible?

AS far as I'm aware JK the interface output from the Ipods hasn't changed - just the dimensions of the player. The Dension came with an adapter that sticks to the back of the cradle for thinner Ipods. However I'll hold my hands up here and say that I've never seen the latest gen (mines a 4th Gen 40GB - last of the non-video ones) so I'm not sure how these compare to the one I've got.

The matter of being able to play from the click wheel - Yes. Its got firmware 2.17 which allows this.

AFAIK though, Dension adapters along with all the others, will only play preset playlists as CD 1-5 on the cd changer or all the music on the ipod as CD 6 and you would have to scroll through 30gb worth of tracks.

I am pretty sure you cant just pick an album and play it via any of the steering wheel controls or headunit controls.

I also had one and it was a load of crap is all I am saying, yes you can bypass the stupid playlist thing. But if you want to access the ipod as you would normally like you were listening to it, you have to actually reach down to the ipod and flick through them.

Not too safe while driving!

Maybe yours is different.....

Can I ask what this is about - first you say it cant do it then you admit it can but then say its crap?

Do you do this when anyone else is trying to sell something?

Hey - I think your car is crap since its the wrong colour!

If you dont want to buy this and dont have anything to add please go away! If you add anymore without substanciating what you are saying then please can I direct you to the rules of this Forum around buying / selling before you say anymore please?

All I can say is that the Dension effort is more or less the same as fitted OEM by Audi - except the Audi effort it doesnt allow you to take control of the Ipod. Very handy if you have a passenger!

BTW mods I wouldn't mind a bit of a ruling here please too 169144-ok.gif

I was mereley trying to answer JK's post.

And I guess what I was trying to say is with the dension you cant just, while driving along, think "mm, I would like to listen to 'album x'" and then manage to navigate to that album via the HU or steering wheel controls. You would have to start messing around with the Ipod.

And I feel that was what JK was after finding out.

So I was not trying to stop your sale, and apologise if you think I was.

guys - if it helps i just doled out £260 for a denison kit for my new car - so if i am happy to pay this much for what does essentially the same as my old kit for the golf then it must work well...!!

Its as good as the audi equivilent (if not better).

BTW - if anyone wants one to fit a golf i have my old one for sale.