[Audi A3/S3] Should / can I switch to fixed servicing

AZURES3

Guys

With 7700 miles on the clock the DIS is showing 2900 miles until the first service. I do mostly short journeys due to my 8 mile round trip to work. So I believe the AVS service calculation is probably correct but I am not sure it is worth the extra for the AVS service if I only do about 10k per year and mostly short journeys.

Can I get it serviced at 10K or 1 year and ask them to move me to fixed intervals or do you have to have the first one completed as an AVS service etc.

I believe the oil for the AVS service is more expensive due to the long life properties.

Was going to call the dealer but would rather get some good advice from TSN first tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

How much of a saving is it, I'm also interested in doing this

[/ QUOTE ]

The only saving is not having to go in for a service so often, i.e yearly or 10k rather than every 8 months for me smashfreakB.gif i think there may be some difference in the schedule requirements but its negligable cost wise.

Yep they can change it over at service AZ.

AVS certainly works though, I'm on target for 15,000 mile service intervals as all my journeys are relatively long. Interesting how much of a difference it makes to oil quality by having lots of short journeys.