VeeDub CF front emblem...

RedRobin

....It's arrived at last! Only took 4 days from America via US Postal Service including getting through UK Customs but took from May to have made. Quality piece though 169144-ok.gif. I should fit it in next few days, weather permitting as the whole front grill has to be removed, and then will post pics and report on the massive increase in bhp and torque which this badge gives wink.gifgrin.gif.

VWCFbadge.jpg

That looks the muts nuts RR! I also like the red pen holder in the photo 169144-ok.gif

I've not tried it but I was informed by OliH a while ago that the badge could be removed by twisting to the left and pulling out...at least that was for a 'normal' MKV Golf. Perhaps the GTI is different?

No doubt you'll post some pics when fitted for us to oggle at grin.gif169144-ok.gif

....I must admit that I did make sure that my 'pen holder' was included in the pic. It's the turbo hose component in SAMCO's kit that Neuspeed's Discharge pipe includes in the more heat resistent Nomex(?) and so wasn't needed on my car.

You can't remove the badge without removing the whole grill - Unless you want to bust the badge up.

Yes, pics will follow in a few days.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

....I must admit that I did make sure that my 'pen holder' was included in the pic. It's the turbo hose component in SAMCO's kit that Neuspeed's Discharge pipe includes in the more heat resistent Nomex(?) and so wasn't needed on my car.

You can't remove the badge without removing the whole grill - Unless you want to bust the badge up.

Yes, pics will follow in a few days.

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one RR, great pic, Cant wait till the other pics, 169144-ok.gif

Yes you can, just twist to the left and pull, as said by TT, worked on my GTI when I had it painted, and then went straight back in - no breakages.

Carbon fibre is not to my taste, however it will be to everyone else's, so as Snoopy said, I would be sticking that in securely, or it could be hanging round someones neck!!!

As previously said my front emblem also came out by turning to the left - but you can over rotate and it appears stuck.

A bit of jiggling and it was freed.

I bought a new one - then separated it from the backing before sanding it down and painting it matt black.

When I put it back it did feel looser that before - however it appears to have tightened up now

....Not yet. I tried this morning but then been busy planning our Germany road trip (now extending indefinitely to Austria and the twisties of The Alps), but I did drop by my VW dealer to check my tyres so I can have new Eagle F1's for the trip and their mechanic confirmed that the badges can't be removed from the front without risk of breaking them. So I've arranged to use a friend's workshop space on Monday to remove whole front grill assembly and fit it securely. Pics will follow before I hit the autobahns 169144-ok.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

Have to say, i think the carbon fibre grill looks awesome, would love to see one on a black gti

[/ QUOTE ]

....Could even be on your black GTI, Ryan grin.gif.

I like the fact that the earlier Mk GTI's had black VW badges (as Snoopy Geoff can confirm) and that the black carbonfibre ones are a modern equivalent. I also like the fact that it's different from the standard badge on all VW's but still says VW. I don't much like debadged cars but each to their own. CF is such an amazing material and looks different in different lighting.

the directions for removal on the vwvortex forum are:

Stick your fingers into the emblem, and turn to the left about a 1/8 turn.

Wiggle down while pulling to undo the tabs that hold it in the grill.

I suppose that removing the grill completely minimises the chance that you damage/break a tab in the process...

Badges002.jpg

CF VW emblem now bonded in:

VWCFbadge1.jpg

VWCFbadge2.jpg

VWCFbadge3.jpg

I must admit that after ordering and even recieving the CF badge I began to have second thoughts and was concerned that the blackness would make it visually disappear. However, I'm now very pleased with the looks and particularly like its homage to the black badges of earlier Mk GTI's.

robintegra's stunning Candy White GTI has a black badge too.