[Audi A3/S3] Broken 8L S3 Recaro Seat Lever

BPT

Hi guys,

I've had my S3 nearly 2 years, and in that time have managed to break both seat release levers on the passanger side Recaro seat. This obviously makes it quite tricky to get people in the back! The levers are quite flimsy and when the back seats are folded flat against the front seats, are not 'man' enough to release the hinge to flip them forward.

Anyway, in a nutshell I need to repair it, but don't know if you can just get hold of this small part, or how big a job it might be to replace them.

Any ideas....? confused.gif

Nearly broke mine too. I used a lot of grease and it works fine now.

My rear seat wouldn't fold down last week. Eventually it went down but it felt like it was breaking. A good grease everywhere and it is OK now. Did the seat runners as well and they slide a lot better.

Go mad with the grease saves the hassle later.

It's no biggy. It happened on my S3. When my car went in for a service (at Audi) they fixed it in like 10 minutes. It's really common and the part costs like £10 so you're ok. It's probably an easy fix job yourself but I don't fancy taking my seat apart. For the sake of the £20 Audi charged in total I felt it wasn't worth it.

Thanks a lot guys, davidhodgkinson was right; they pull off really easily with a pair of pin nose pliers grin.gif. No amount of Araldite was going to repair the old one frown.gif. £4.79 each from the stealers seems reasonable-ish smile.gif, although they aren't stocked so have to come from Germany confused.gif. I'm surpried as they are pretty flimsy and must break all the time. If anyone else is wondering, they are left and right handed, with one of each per seat.

Thanks for your help guys. jump.gif