A night with an S5

deanos3

I was lucky enough to have a night with an S5 a few days ago, I won't bore anyone with a massive review, I'll just do some one liners and my verdict. I have posted this on another forum so sorry for those that will have read it twice!

Good bits...

Looks - So very almost Bangle, but so far away in that this actually looks good, very very good! It is a big car, but like all good cars, when your moving it seem to wrap around you very closely, you thread an eye of a needle, ish.

Interior - Like most new Audi's, Think A6 with piano black, a little bit of carbon here and their, absolutely lovely! The seats are by far the comfiest in any car I have sat in, bar the RS4 buckets of course. This demo had the B&O stereo, superb sound, lovely & crisp and stay's that way all the way through the volume range!

Engine - Detuned RS4 I hear you cry! Don't let this fool you, this engine is fantastic, pull's forever and sounds absolutely amazing, as good if not better (from memory) than the RS4. In other words; Drop the B&O stereo!

Drive - Gearchange is spot in, fairly light but very accurate with a short throw and a thud when it's in, fairly addictive! The clutch is also fairly light making the drive through city centre's a doddle. Steering I thought was a tad on the light side, it weighted up with speed quite well but not quite well enough. More than a enough feedback through the thick (not flat bottom :cry: ) rim.

Feel good factor "Just admiring your new toy, lovely motor mate". "Woah, new S5! That looks stunning, give us a rev or two!!". Plus various other comments and I'm fairly sure almost every single driver and pedestrian to pass this car was staring at it! A true head turner, especially with the LED DRL's turned on (Like I ever turned them off!)

Bad bits Engine noise is a tad quiet inside, I almost hit my head a few time's on the wheel due to the rev limiter!

Wheels - C'mon Audi, about time you made a decent set of good looking wheels!

15mpg - It did only have 700 miles on the clock though, and it is also a demo so will have been ragged within an inch of it's life.

I can't afford one, for at least 4 years.

Verdict - Brilliant machine, sod the RS5, this is all the power I would ever need! I'll take 2, one Ibis white and one secial order noggy blue.

The main reason I had the car was for photo's but the weather was awful and so was my time keeping, you'll have to put up with a few rushed efforts!

_DSC1831.jpg

_DSC1885stretch.jpg

s5_1.jpg

_dsc1895.jpg

_dsc1900.jpg

"a few rushed efforts" yelrotflmao.gif Dean those photos are astonishing! notworthy.gif Well I think they are anyway. Car in the best colour too wink.gif

Excellent write up; glad you enjoyed the car. I had a brief test drive in one a fortnight ago and I really didn't want to hand the keys back. 169144-ok.gif

Great pics! I can't afford one either, that is why I am getting an A5 TDI in Ibis White. I do wake up some mornings asking myself how Ibis White will look... So I am glad I am not the only one thinking that White is hot. Since I have ordered the A5 a few weeks ago, I look for white cars when I am driving around. Can not find anything that costs over £15k or white vans on the road on the road!

it is superb car.. drove about 30miles an 3.0tdi black/beige leather with sport seats.. for me, diesel is fantastic...not runed in, with only 10miles on a clock, but it pulls amazingly.. when i came back to my 2.0 tdi, it felt like standing still when pushed to the buttom.. what colour is that s5 on the pics? is it quartz grey? saw one and didnt like it in grey.. i would spec meteor or maybe sahara silver.. again, for me, its my dream car, but i cant afford it, at least this year..maybe 2008 but probablly 2.7tdi multi

Thanks for the nice comments guy's!

[ QUOTE ]

I do wake up some mornings asking myself how Ibis White will look... So I am glad I am not the only one thinking that White is hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Know what you mean, Ibis will look very very good! Here's a quick photoshop...

dsc1885yt4.jpg