Replacement Bulbs (Phillips Xtreme!)

Simonl

[ QUOTE ]

Was going to get some Xtreme Philips Bulbs - are they any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Run them as my main beam in the VX220 and they're fantastic and would undoubtedly make a huge difference for the dipped beam if I hadn't upgraded to HID's. Well worth the upgrade!

[ QUOTE ]

Also i need some sidelight bulbs, the whiter the better so if anyone has fitted some that they are pleased with... let me know 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get them from Powerbulbs, you should get some free Philips Blue Vision sidelight bulbs, which although are blue when in the packet, give off a nice white light when illuminated which matches quite well with Xenon's etc.

Not sure what car you've got but you might be able to fit LED sidelights which will be ultra-white. Causes grief on cars that have bulb monitoring systems though and I've heard problems of them not lasting for long (manufacturing/quality issues, I think).

I recently took the rustynuts route smile.gif - Osram silverstars main & dip & free set of Philips Blue Vision sidelight bulbs. Well pleased with the sidelights. As has been said they are tinted light blue in normal light but when switched on they give a nice white light (as opposed to the feeble-looking yellowy orange of the standard bulbs).

Powerbulbs were great to deal with too. Quick delivery.

[ QUOTE ]

Have some LED's in the garage but are worried about fitting them TBH. Can't be arsed with them melting etc. But thanks for the tips. Have ordered a set from Powerbulbs! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a pair of these led side lights fitted, got them from ultraleds.co.uk about six months ago.... the look the mutts nuts and the dont get to hot or melt anything close by.

I'll sort a pic if any one is interested.....

Xaddiction 169144-ok.gif