dealer ordered wrong option

ordered new A5 with lots of toys in it, among them the Bluetooth Mobile Phone connection. A couple of weeks ago got told car is being built on week 33 (we are in week 30), and once build week is confirmed nothing can be changed. Asked dealer to send me copy of confirmation, and they sent a print out of the actual order where it states the options. When going through it, noticed that "Phone Prep in FCA (needs cradle)" was ordered instead of what I want/ordered (as per signed order form). I personally think this option is a bit dated, hence why I prefer the Bluetooth with SIM-Access Porfile facility. Called them this morning to let them know.... waiting for them to com back to me.

I guess being 3 weeks away from actual production, they should be able to fix their mistake. What if it can not be changed? Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

You still get bluetooth to my knowledge.

My A3 came with GSM prep in front armrest and that included bluetooth... If they have ordered contrary to what you wanted, refuse to pay for the option if it cant be changed...

Did you get any discount out of interest?

Basically the A5 infotainment can be CAN based like the current A3/A4 or MOST based like the A6/A8/Q7. the MOST system is a fiber loop around the car connecting the components together for the audio etc. More options are available for MOST systems, like DAB, SAP, Digital TV, AMI etc

[ QUOTE ]

Basically the A5 infotainment can be CAN based like the current A3/A4 or MOST based like the A6/A8/Q7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know that - thought it was all MOST based. Is that the 'MMI low' that's CAN based, or is that MOST too? I assume that 'MMI high' with DVD nav enforces MOST?