Bilstein B16 PSS9 Coilovers For Sale

mlhj83

Hello boys and girls. My Bilstein B16 PSS9 Coilovers are up for sale. Reason being that, I haven't had enough opportunities to exploit its full capabilities to warrant the price I paid for them. I originally thought that I would be tracking the car a lot more often but unfortunately time and money do not allow and I would like to channel the funds from the sale of the Bilsteins towards 264/260 cams which I can fully enjoy on a day to day basis and not just on the track.

I have done around 6000miles with the Bilsteins and needless to say they are excellent coilovers with a huge range of ride height adjustability and easy access to 9 different damper settings without needing any form of dismantle or tools. Ray West of West Tuning and APS have plenty of experience with this coilover and AFAIK it remains their firm favourite choice of a coilover suspension.

The Bilsteins are in excellent condition as expected and are due to come off in 2 weeks. They have been fitted and taken care of by APS and undoubtedly they will be the ones taking them off and storing them for the next enthusiast. The original price is around 1600 pounds and I am willing to let them go for about 900 pounds.

This is the product link:

Bilstein Coilover Details

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]

but is that warranty only for the first owner?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure about that but as long as you have it fitted by APS (which was where I bought it from), I'm sure APS would be more than happy to extend that warranty cover to whoever that has it fitted.

Think of it this way:

Someone who has my Bilstein coilovers fitted on their R32 by APS is just the same as me buying another R32 and having them transferred over from the previous car. Bilstein does not know who owns the coilovers, they only know whom they supplied it to (in this case APS). Hence, APS would be responsible.

• 2 weeks later...

They are finally off my car! Feels strange having the OEM suspension back on. As you can see from the picture, everything is in excellent condition, apart from the fact that they're a little dirty. I also have the original receipt from APS. Price is negotiable.

1210464-DSC00515.jpg

No offence but I find it strange that you’re swapping a good set of coilovers for stock suspension to upgrade your cams.... If you’re going for the cams I would have thought you'd want the improved handling to go with the power.... Just my opinion, you may have a better reason! 169144-ok.gif

Not a problem, reason being as I've said before, I thought I would be tracking the car a lot more often, but in reality I haven't had the time or the opportunity to track the car with the Bilsteins. And for the area of london I live in, the coilovers proved a bit too stiff for my liking over the super sized humps and potholes. Therefore, channelling the funds towards cams makes more sense for me as I would have more use for the performance increase on the road. Besides, I personally feel that the OEM Mk5 suspension is brilliant as it is. 169144-ok.gif

I'm not exactly sure which is the part number as there are quite a lot of numbers labelled all over the different bits of the suspension but none the less, the pictures below show the numbers which I believe are the part numbers.

Front coilover:

1210752-IMG_2971.JPG

• 2 weeks later...