S8 brakes disappointing

shadow8

Am very disappointed with Brembo OEM brakes on 2002 S8. Found them to be very spongy particularly when braking from 100mph + and they don't inspire confidence. Interested to hear from other S8 owners as to their experiences..is this common or do I have a specific problem? shocked.gif

When did it last have a fluid change? are they oem pads? are the calipers fee? are the pads free in the calipers? re they glazed?

More often than not if you have recently bought the car from a trader they may have put cheap pads in it. my old 4.2q has very keen brakes and pulls up superbly, though the pedal lacks feel, but that is I feel down to the fact it is overservod. Sticking rear calipers and badly adjusted handbrake can also cause these symptoms.

Thanks - yes recently purchased and possible that cheap pads used though stealer swore only genuine audi parts used. I will take advice and get fluid changed in any event. has any other S8 owner been persueded to have a brke upgrade and what did you upgrade to?

If I'm not mistaken, the latest S8 brakes were different from ealier ones (Brembo for a start) and a good deal of the advice brought out here may need to be checked against what you have on the car.

I'm looking to upgrade my discs and pads to but so far have had little joy being able to find suitable replacements.

Does anybody have an accurate opinion on this since now I've moved from a flat to a house and have a garage and a driveway I can't wait to get stuck into some fairly low-tech mods...to begin with in any case!