[Audi A3/S3] "Exclusive Leather" on S-line - what do you get?

GrahamSmith

I recently took delivery of a new S-Line 2.0T FSI (Fantastic - well pleased) and I specified "Exclusive Leather" in Silver / Black for which I was charged the not insignificant sum of £851.06 + VAT. (Dont forget, that is on top of the Standard leather for the S-Line).

Now, I have been really pleased with the interior BUT a couple of times I have noticed other cars (Or pictures of them) showing that the silver leather is applied to the door trims as well as the seat centre sections. On mine, I only have the seat centres, the stiching on the steering wheel and gear shift. Oh, and a bit of Vinyl around the floor mats.

My question / concern is should it be in the front and rear door trims as well?

Thanks for any input before I make a fuss at the stealers (Rightly or wrongly smirk.gif

No, sounds like you paid for exclusive leather which IMHO opinion is a rip off - you get colour coded mat/wheel/gear stitching and a colour codes section in the seats. I think it is supposed to be better leather. Not sure about the doors.. I'll try to dig out my brochure, but it is in that (but not on the Audi configurator).

[ QUOTE ]

No, sounds like you paid for exclusive leather which IMHO opinion is a rip off - you get colour coded mat/wheel/gear stitching and a colour codes section in the seats. I think it is supposed to be better leather. Not sure about the doors.. I'll try to dig out my brochure, but it is in that (but not on the Audi configurator).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that - appreciated.

on AS.Net they have posted some pics of interiors that show the colour range (As I have said, I have the black / Silver) and you can clearly see the door trims in the relevant colour. (See attachments) Mine are simply the "Standard" black leather. I am fairly sure that there is a cock up somewhere, but would like to hear of anyone with the same as I have (only the centre sections in colour) and what they paid for this "privilege".

many thanks,

post-16907-137914404362_thumb.jpg

Ok. Dug out my Brochure (edition 4 11/06 2007 model year).

2 Exclusive options according to this brochure.

exclusive leather equipment and trim in fine nappa leather

"Front and rear seat upholstery, head restraints, front armrest (if fitted) and floor mats piping in leather and door inserts in alcantara. Only with leather wheel".

£2,250 for S-Line

or

exclusive leather equipment and trim including sports seats in fine nappa leather/alcantara

"Front and rear seat side sections, head restraints, front armrest (if fitted) and floor mats piping in leather with seat centre sections and door trim inserts in alcantara. Only with leather wheel".

£2,250

So you were charged £1k (inc vat).

Confused to what that was (on top of Sport/S-Line).

Pics of Exclusive show "exclusive" badge on door panels.

2 tone leather (silk nappa with contrastig stitching, available in black/red or black/silver is £300 inc vat.