BMC filter

Sean_H

Hi all,

Can anyone offer any advice on where best to source a BMC panel filter for a Mk5 .:R (am based in London/SouthEast). Also is it general consensus that the BMC filters are much better than other makes (e.g. K&N/Pipercross etc?)

I assume from having read other recent posts, that telling my insurance company the filter has been replaced is a must? confused.gif

Many thanks!

Thanks Sean, i will post that off for you today.!

and Yeah definatly for the MkV R32, model number 382/01.

As for insurance, ive never bothered to tell the insurance company about panel filters, if it was a full induction kit maybe, i suppose theres no harm in telling them though as i wouldnt of thought it would put the premium up much if at all.

[ QUOTE ]

Any ideas from the group about how to break the news to the insurance company? I plan a Milltek after this, so am curious to know how this is best handled...

Answers on the back of a postcard pls! sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that whilst I have declared all other mods I'm not sure I'd tell them about a changed panel filter - in my view it is just replacing one grubby old one with a new bit, like white side lights instead of the old yellow ones..... confused.gif

With the exhaust see what effect it has with your current insurer and then if it rockets up shop around and use it as a bargaining tool. Some insurers are far more mod friendly than others and understand that fitting a Milltek does not send you into orbit or make you 600 times more likely to crash. Elephant have been good with me and mods in the past but have recently become very costly. Noel Dazeley and Adrian Flux are also worth a try. 169144-ok.gif