Problem storing names in Audi phone prep

Can someone else with the GSM phone prep & MFSW try this as it's doing my head in?

1. Press the talk button on the steering wheel

2. Say "STORE NAME"

3. Say the name when prompted

4. Say it again when prompted

5. Say the number when prompted

6. Say "STORE"

When I get to step 6 and say "STORE", the voice recognition reads it back to me as "star four" rather than storing the name and number. If I leave it and say nothing it reads out the available commands and sure enough "STORE" is one of them but it just won't recognise it no matter how clearly I say it.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Prior to converting my car to SDS on the RNS-E, I tried to do the same process for storing numbers.

Like you said, at the end it would say star four, nothing short of kicking f**k out of the car gave me a suitable result! Now and again it would work, I think it is just down to how well it can recognise your accent.

If you have an RNS-E, convert it to SDS and all your problems will dissapear, I can talk really quick to it and I have no trouble!

Terry

Great frown.gif

Doesn't really matter to me personally as my phone syncs the phonebook so I simply attach tags to those entries but this is for a friend with an A4 Cab whose phone won't sync the phonebook so this is the only way to store voice tags.

Is there any trick to making it understand the "STORE" word? Any specific way of saying or pronouncing it?