Cancelling an order

Has anyone ever cancelled an order after spec'ing the car and getting confirmation of build week? How do dealers react? What are dealers options afterwards? You could probably say that they will end up selling the car at the end, plus pocketing £1000 I put as deposit. What if the car is overly spec'ed (expensive) in a not very popular colour?

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone ever cancelled an order after spec'ing the car and getting confirmation of build week? How do dealers react? What are dealers options afterwards? You could probably say that they will end up selling the car at the end, plus pocketing £1000 I put as deposit. What if the car is overly spec'ed (expensive) in a not very popular colour?

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to say why you're cancelling your A5 as I have seen many posts from you about it?

I dont see it should be any problem to the dealer as its such a new and sort-after model.

[ QUOTE ]

I would assume the order form is some sort of written contract, if the actual car does not match that then I would guess you can walk away.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the case.

Within the bluetooth phone options, there are 3 alternatives, I have choosen one (as per signed order) and by mistake they have entered another one (which I am not interested on)in the Audi ordering system.

I was surprised to learn that the system they use to spec the car up is independent to the Audi ordering system which means each order has to be re-entered by hand again leaving room for errors.... Vorsprung Durch Technik!

[ QUOTE ]

This happened with a car we had, the garage did offer a decent enough good will gesture consisting of several nice dealer fit extras like a stereo upgrade, etc.

Could be worth asking what they are willing to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask them for your costs in getting it swapped out to the kit you ordered - visit to CraigyB, mileage (fuel and depreciation) and the cost of a day off work.

You get your car and the kit you wanted, dealer keeps the sale.

Unless you are looking for an 'out'?

The way I see it, there are only a few ways to take this.

1. If they cant supply the car you ordered, you can walk with your deposit, but then you have to start again.

2. You can wait (longer I assume) for the right car.

3. You can try to get a financial discount you are happy with that may or may not help get you to where you want to be via the retro-fit route. Bear in mind this wont have a warranty, and any related issues *could* cause pain later on.

4. Freebies. But this doesnt fix the fact you dont have an option you wanted.

[ QUOTE ]

Ask them for your costs in getting it swapped out to the kit you ordered - visit to CraigyB, mileage (fuel and depreciation) and the cost of a day off work.

You get your car and the kit you wanted, dealer keeps the sale.

Unless you are looking for an 'out'?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not want an out, just want to have the car as if nothing has happened. Re talking to CraigyB, I am already doing so, and it seems it will be the way around the issue.

Just trying to convince the dealer to come up with 100% of the cost of getting Craig to do the job a couple of hundred miles away from where he is based...

[ QUOTE ]

i would think if they fecked up your spec it is their mistake and if you cancel because of this you should get youe deposit back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is how I would see it, they are in NO positon to argue they are in the wrong, If you wish to cancel you can and get back your DEP. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yes this is how I would see it, they are in NO positon to argue they are in the wrong, If you wish to cancel you can and get back your DEP. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Even for something as small as a phone prep that costs £650? The car is costing me over £43k, was very excited with my new purchase, but now every time I think about the car I feel a bit of a sour taste....

[ QUOTE ]

And dont forget a negotiating point about the fact that getting aftermarket wont be covered by the warranty...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the bit that worries me the most. If there is an issue with MMI, even unrelated to the retro-fit, I can see warrant problems coming my way...

Will tell them I am happy to get it retrofitted, as long as it is does not void the warranty, and the job gets done before I take delivery of the car.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even for something as small as a phone prep that costs £650? The car is costing me over £43k, was very excited with my new purchase, but now every time I think about the car I feel a bit of a sour taste....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark thats the last thing you want with a new purchase. I had the same thing with a new Lexus RX300SE, I picked it up in the rain but luckily refused to sign it as acceptable bodywork wise as it was rain soaked, got it home dried it off and found 5 marks within the paint on 4 pannels SAUER0421.GIF

I was mad and demmanded a new car, Lexus tried everything to perswade me to keep it dung.gif, It had to be resprayed, totally killed it for me. Back heeled it,................. but story does not end there.............as part of the refund I had to stay with the brand, so I bought in it's place the new GS300SE, I got one of the first in the country, frown.gif but within one week (300 miles)all the wheels were stone chipped alone with the front as the paint finish on lexus is not what people think (it is soft)I took it back and asked for the wheels to be replaced and front painted (very P*ssed off), and was told "well sir this is a result of your driving the car along roads with looose chippings" 123576-assfeck.gif

I got shot of the car and the brand. Flush.gif

It was a very wearing experience and not one I want repeated, I went back to Audi and have bought 3 new Cars since and had NO such problems thankfully. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

...I went back to Audi and have bought 3 new Cars since and had NO such problems thankfully. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should speak to your dealer?!?!

I am going to the dealer today, try to get a hold of the salesperson AND his boss, and will tell them I do not want to be involved nor responsible on the retrofitting. That I am willing to work with them to find a solution, and by doing so I would accept a brand new car with the option originally requested retrofitted, as long as it is done by them (or under their responsibility) and does not affect the warranty.

Will ONLY take delivery of the car after the job is done.

After todays visit will send them a letter. Should I copy anyone else in it (dealer mgmt, or even Audi UK)?

[ QUOTE ]

Well they can't, but how will the others know? If retrofitted with original parts no one should notice. Also if a dealer was fitting let's say a Tracker, that does not affect the warranty of the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but dealers are now checking the build spec of cars in some cases..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

...I went back to Audi and have bought 3 new Cars since and had NO such problems thankfully. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should speak to your dealer?!?!

I am going to the dealer today, try to get a hold of the salesperson AND his boss, and will tell them I do not want to be involved nor responsible on the retrofitting. That I am willing to work with them to find a solution, and by doing so I would accept a brand new car with the option originally requested retrofitted, as long as it is done by them (or under their responsibility) and does not affect the warranty.

Will ONLY take delivery of the car after the job is done.

After todays visit will send them a letter. Should I copy anyone else in it (dealer mgmt, or even Audi UK)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good plan, let us know how you get on.