Leeds get 15 point penalty

CarMad

Leeds punished.

I have to say I think this is fair. If you go under you go under, you aren't meant to create a phoenix company so why do the same with a football club.

I've been close to similar in relation football clubs but at a lower lever and its not good to see a club spend a fortune, go under then re-surface in only 1 league lower even though the rules state otherwise.

Either way its going to be a touch season for them.

[ QUOTE ]

Well it could have been funnier if it happened to your lot tongue.gifgrin.gif

Fair justice I say though, but when will clubs learn that Ken Bates is not a good thing for a football club???

[/ QUOTE ]

However, when you are in the position that Leeds were in, you often don't have a choice other than Papa S or someone like him.

On his part, like him or not, he's got enough about him to spot an ugly duckling that in theory can be turned into something close to a swan (in monetary terms and not football terms - but then that's probably all he cares about).

I think D1MAC raises an interesting point. They had no choice, and ultimately if they want to do anything (other than survive) in the long term (read: very long term) then Bates was the only choice.

It's still been handled shockingly, and even taking sporting prejudice and clan loyalties aside - I don't think they should even be allowed to trade as a football club in any English League.

It's not too long ago they were in the semi's of the Champions League. Incredible really.