[Audi A3/S3] An Early Arrival!

ChrisR32

Well, sitting at work yesterday I got a phone call from the dealer that I was getting my S3 from, and they asked me if it'd be possible for me to pick it up on Friday night rather than Saturday morning.

Having two young children - a 3 year old boy and an 8 month old little lady, the prospect of not having to negotiate an early free pass out of the house as well as spending another fortune - combined with not having another sleepless night of anticipation was tempting........

Er YES!!

Apparently the garage is fairly quiet on Friday night and busy on a Saturday and they'd like to give me a proper 'in depth' hand over!

On a side note, can I just recommend anybody who is in the North Midlands area to deal with Crewe Audi (01270 507070) - Specifically John Cooper (the salesperson) and Jerry (the Sales Manager). In a long - and varied - period of buying motors I have never come across a set of individuals who make it as easy and painless to hand over a large chunk of savings than these gents.

They managed to put together a deal that bettered every single Audi one that I was offered - and trust me I tried a few - by a significant amount. I'll not bore you with the details (PM me if you're interested!) but it amounted to a couple of thousand pounds!

Their honest approach to how much money my car was worth - not in the Glasses guide, but how much they were going to retail it for - was, to be honest a welcome change - if not a shock!

I hadn't seen a silver S3 in the metal, and my first thoughts were that the color wouldn't do the car any justice - loosing the definition between the wing mirrors, the front and rear splitters and the color of the bodywork. As it was a Sunday when I turned up to do the deal, the fleet manger that was running the vehicle wasn't there, so I had to rely on pictures to give me an idea. I mainly bought the car because I couldn't afford to turn down the deal on the table, but man am I pleased!

I've had some fairly bright colors in the past and I can honestly say that the subtle color changes from silver to a goldy bronze at dusk has opened my eyes to the subtle nuances of the safe, old man's silver option!

Oh and if you're thinking about the black/silver leather option, look at it before you make your mind up - I was horrified by the concept and web pictures, but in the flesh it looks stunning!

Obviously please take my opinions with a pinch of salt, and no doubt they'll become even less objective as time wears on and the car feels more my choice rather than the best option that was available to me!

Once again, thanks to Shao for helping me confirm my choice and expect a low down between the various motors that I've been lucky to experience soon!

By the way, has anybody actually looked at EVO mag and had a look at the times posted by the S3 for 0-60 and 100 and compared these to the other cars they've tested?

I would love to see what the modded vehicles are capable of!

Anyhoo, enough (semi) drunk and delirious ramblings for one night - I need to think of where me and minny me 'need' to go tomorrow! Can anybody confirm that the Inverness Tesco has a better choice of morning paper than the Meir Park one??!!

Another Ice Silver S3 owner! Welcome to the club!

I wasn't sure about the colour either - I've previously always gone for strong colours (black and red) and generally disliked silver cars, amongst other reasons, for looking bland. However, there is definitely something about the new Ice Silver that makes it different from the former Metallic Silver - I reckon it is pearlescent, although I can't find anything to confirm this.

Anyone care to comment?

I too purchased my S3 from Crewe Audi and John Cooper. I found their sales service excellent but I have to disagree with their honesty with regard to my trade in. I'd even to go as far as to say he lied about it.

Also Crewe may be great with sales but I think their after sales/service is poor and expensive. They wanted £680 for my service plan!! (2 services). As far as I can see thats £300+ for a oil change as that is what the first service is.

Also I have been back to them once with a problem which they fixed but it happened again and when I called them I was told I would be called back and I never was. When I called up the next time the service woman was very rude! I will go there with warranty issues but servicing I will not.

[ QUOTE ]

I need to think of where me and minny me 'need' to go tomorrow! Can anybody confirm that the Inverness Tesco has a better choice of morning paper than the Meir Park one??!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing the same - looking for excuses to drive it!

Glad you've had a good hand-over. It makes all the difference. Hope you're pleased with your new S3. They really are cracking cars. 169144-ok.gif