Tracked the Mk5 today.... awesome!

lenny

Welll after putting 4k on my mk5 R32 I decided it was time to track it to get it fully run in...

Picture%20131.jpg

Well all I can say is it is much quicker than my Mk4 R32 123576-assfeck.gif

The Mk5 is awesome... It was even keeping up with evo's on the twistys but on the straights they pulled away slighty... the_finger.gif

The Mk5 R32 is just pure awesome.... cant wait to tune it a wee bit...

Now what do you recommend for new tyres? beerchug.gif

It's an awesome machine on the track isn't it!! Glad you enjoyed it! I took mine to an EVO track day at Donington park yesterday, and gave my Mk V a proper working out! about 20 cars on the track on each session, including Radicals, lots of Mini cooper Works race prepped cars (VERY quick through the bends!), caterhams, an M5, 911 turbo, Carrera GT, clio's and integras... Was a fantastic day out, and the brakes didnt fade one bit... Can't believe how much fun the car is around the track, even with stock suspension... It's a very quick machine around a track, had no probs keeping up with stripped out Focus ST's, 350Zeds and the coopers... I run her on SportConti 3's which seemed to be fine (though I was scraping bits of the tyres off the wheel arches afterwards!!). Car made an awesome noise with the full milltek system, and was a perfect compliment to the schrick cams and BMC filter. The Haldex controller with the race setting and ARB's made a huge difference to the handling, with a big adjustability to the line using throttle and turn in... It's been round a few tracks this year, including the Nurburgring, and it keeps on putting a huge smile on my face every time!! 169144-ok.gif

Never had any issues with mine, pick up is a little slower than stock at 1500 to 2500 rpm, but from there the extra noise and breathing all the way to the red line is worth every penny. The MkV racers have them fitted for that reason, if you like to rev your engine all the way, and love the sound in the process, there really is no other option... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It drives well imo. Much more rapid than stock.

Got ARB's, Haldex controller with race switch, Short throw gear shift, BMC air filter, Schrick cams, milltek manifolds, CATS and cat back and have one of HPA's new CVP long neck manifolds coming soon.

You'll love track days wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.... and HPA CVP 169144-ok.gif

Can wait to get my mods! Is a great car.

beerchug.gif