Mini Brighton Meet - photos

Dan32

More a case of Lee showing off the new ride than a meet, but we ate like it was our last meal, enjoyed the sunshine, and Lee was even kind enough to let Jim and me have quick blat round the block in the Porka notworthy.gif Beautiful car, not sure if its paid for yet sekret.gifFIREdevil.gif

Boxster04.jpg

Boxster03.jpg

Boxster05.jpg

Boxster01.jpg

Boxster02.jpg

And 2 Eton messes were consumed jump.gif

EtonMess2.jpg

Let's hope the weather stays like this for the next Brighton/Portchester meet, possibly 1st sept but will keep everyone posted 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Please dont be offended but there is something about this pic that makes the car look like a matchbox one confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not offended, I actually thought the same thing as I was tweaking it in Photoshop. Just made the image bit more interesting. They've all had some tweaking of sorts.

Great photo's Dan 169144-ok.gif

Excellent food and a good laugh was had too.

Well you'll all be glad to know I went back to the garage and paid for it smile.gif too (oh how trusting some people are smile.gif)

(Word of warning.... I'm glad I got the official 111 point check since the VW saleman told me when I went back "The guys in the workshop borrowed the keys yesterday so they could have a look at the engine... I watched them go upto the car pop the front hood look inside with confused faces, then do the same with the rear... then they gave eachother confused looks and returned the keys smashfreakB.gif )

SilverArrow... I'd just collected the car the the garage 4 miles away and driven straight to the meet cool.gif

Oh well, I look forward to the next proper meet.

Thanks guys

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

jimmy,

Do you like driving porsche boxster? what is it like driving porsche boxster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mark, so are you thinking of chopping in your new toy for one then?? cool.gif Its nice mate, quite enjoyed the drive, thanks Lee again 169144-ok.gif tho the one i drove round Donnington on a track day seemed to have more poke to it and that was an S aswell. Very nice cars mate. And with the weather like it was with the roof down was the icing on the cake. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

jimmy,

Do you like driving porsche boxster? what is it like driving porsche boxster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mark, so are you thinking of chopping in your new toy for one then?? cool.gif Its nice mate, quite enjoyed the drive, thanks Lee again 169144-ok.gif tho the one i drove round Donnington on a track day seemed to have more poke to it and that was an S aswell. Very nice cars mate. And with the weather like it was with the roof down was the icing on the cake. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just curious, that's all as someone once told me that porsche boxster wasn't that good to drive? confused.gif

I think that lee's porsche boxster look very nice. 169144-ok.gif

Lee's has all the sport suspension, Mark, so it feels sublime. Think its the special dampers that help (PASM - electronically controlled damping) and can be switched to Sport mode to further crispen the chassis (which also quickens the throttle). I'm sure for track duty the convertible side of things could have more influence, but on the road its good balance of power (295bhp) to chassis limits.

[ QUOTE ]

Lee's has all the sport suspension, Mark, so it feels sublime. Think its the special dampers that help (PASM - electronically controlled damping) and can be switched to Sport mode to further crispen the chassis (which also quickens the throttle). I'm sure for track duty the convertible side of things could have more influence, but on the road its good balance of power (295bhp) to chassis limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, i see as i understand now as i've looked at porsche website about PASM so if you had add that option of PASM for porsche boxster s so it must be good to drive, improve the ride & handling?

Thanks for explaining about PASM,Dan 169144-ok.gif

So you made up your mind then Lee.

Motor look great, Glad to see that Biali organised the correct weather for you to collect a soft top in 169144-ok.gif

Sorry the meet did not take place so I did not rush back from the wedding, stayed an extra day.

Having way too much fun smirk.gif