Door ajar switch?

Gib5ter

Hi all, I think I have a problem with my front drivers door open/shut switch. Basically the door lights, head light on warning chime when door open, and interior lamp on when door open functions don't work (Note that all other doors trigger the interior lamps). Has anyone had this before?

Cheers,

Gibbo

Sounds possible. The open/shut switch is embedded into the door catch on the edge of the door, which isn't particularly valuable as far as parts go, but it would need pretty much the whole door stripping apart to get at it... :-(

First its door card off, then 2 bolts either edge of the door hold in the top black frame & glass mechanism. Once this is out of the way, its just unplugging rods and wires to gain access.. Fiddly but do-able.

If stripping a bit of trim and undoing bolts doesn't scare you (vs the annoying problem of no courtousy interior lighting esp at night) then delve in..., otherwise always leave the center armrests up, and you can exit/enter from the passenger side... :-)

Here's the wiring diagram...(see attachment)

The bit missed off the top is the bit that details the switches:

F2 - Left front

F3 - Right front

F10 - Left rear

F11 Right rear

Looking at the process to remove the lock in my instructions it has no details of the switch at all???

All this information can be found in Elsawin - available on fleabay for around £10 or so as a DVD set... Very worthwhile having in my view!

Also check out VagCat - useful parts catalogues.

post-17209-137914404757_thumb.jpg