[Audi A3/S3] Needle sweep on startup on new S3

AZURES3

Guys

Seems quite a few people on AS.net get this on ignition. Site is slow so worth letting it fully download then play again.

Mine does not do this but there is a bug with the needles on startup ocassionally where the RPM needle does not respond for about 1 second. Maybe the update that is now available for the S3 applies this. Looks quite good IMHO

Needle Sweep

AZ

The car seemed a little quicker when I got it back, but I put it down to the sluggish A4 2.0T cab they loaned me for the day. I'm told the ECU flash is only to fix a potential issue when the engine management warning light can come on when it shouldn't.

With regard to the needle sweep, does anyone know if it can be enabled with Vagcom?

Regards, John.

Mine has the needle sweep but haven't noticed any delay. Is it where one needle moves before the other, or they both wait 1 second?

Mine happen instantly on turning the key. Can turn it off in the DIS too. Mine is a MY2008 model though, so not sure if it's already got the update.

[ QUOTE ]

Mine has the needle sweep but haven't noticed any delay. Is it where one needle moves before the other, or they both wait 1 second?

Mine happen instantly on turning the key. Can turn it off in the DIS too. Mine is a MY2008 model though, so not sure if it's already got the update.

[/ QUOTE ]

Needle sweep looks great, the delay is always the RPM on startup, delays about 1 second then catches up, rarely does it but quite noticeable.

When you say you can turn it off in the DIS, what are you refering to?

beerchug.gif

AZ

Can you tell us in what display mode you have to go into to turn this on/off? This feature may be on mine now I've got the update, but I never thought of looking in there for options. Dohh.

I'm away on a business trip too so I cant sit in the car and look for it either!!

Regards, John.

I can't remember it off the top of my head as I'm at work, but it's into Settings and sure it's under 'Dials'? It's under the same area that you toggle the Lap Timers on/off.

I can check later if no one else has posted by then. It's a DIS on/off option but is defaulted to on, with my car.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sparky

[/ QUOTE ]

John, for me to turn on/off the sweep, I do the following:

DIS Menu > Set > Indications > Dials (tick/untick).

Hope that helps. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sparky

Mine does not have a INDICATIONS option on the SET menu frown.gif

Suprised there is a difference as I was told all S3's were 2008 models, insurance databases etc seem to reflect this, customer deliveries were not supossed to start until 2008 but some were early.

Be interesting to see if John's shows this up after the update 169144-ok.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

I was told there were MY2007 and MY2008 models. If John's update gives him this functionality then you're sorted 169144-ok.gif

Does yours ask you to press the clutch to start the engine? Can you disable lap timers/ alter pitch/volume of parking sensors?

[/ QUOTE ]

MIne asks for the clutch to be pressed and I can knock off the lap timers. I believe Paul can adjust the parking sensors via the DIS.

Regards, John.

[ QUOTE ]

I was told there were MY2007 and MY2008 models. If John's update gives him this functionality then you're sorted 169144-ok.gif

Does yours ask you to press the clutch to start the engine? Can you disable lap timers/ alter pitch/volume of parking sensors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Odd thought they were all the same, obvioulsy not.

Yes asks to press clutch, I can adjust lap timers and parking sensors etc. Just dont have an instruments option.

Cant see the ECU flash updating the DIS software to be honest ?

John let us know what you find 169144-ok.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

That's odd, because the clutch press requirement was new functionality for MY2008. Not sure why you don't have the dials option. ECU patch could easily add the sweep function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the clutch press was required on the S3 demo I drove last November, so it can't just be MY 2008.

I really started something with my post on ASN about the needle sweep, didn't I. Don't know what all the fuss is about really. I'm not even sure I like it as it looks to the uninitiated like there's an electrical fault on the dials when the needles suddenly ping over smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

That's odd, because the clutch press requirement was new functionality for MY2008. Not sure why you don't have the dials option. ECU patch could easily add the sweep function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont believe there is such a thing as a 2007 model year for the S3 to be honest so maybe the ECY patch will fix it 169144-ok.gif

AZ

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont believe there is such a thing as a 2007 model year for the S3 to be honest so maybe the ECY patch will fix it 169144-ok.gif

AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't believe that there was a distinct '07 model year for the S3, the "7" in your VIN might help to convince you (10th character, I believe). I deliberately waited until June for my car to make sure it was an '08 MY. Sure enough, it has an "8" in the VIN.