[Audi A3/S3] Air Con Gone

R4V_S3

Yet another problem with my car.. one thing after another.

The hottest weekend this year, and my aircon decides not to work and still doesn't!!

It is like it is on permanent ECON mode.. Any ideas what checks i can make or any recommendations?

I will try and scan the car as soon as i can.

Also the car overheated and the warning light came on, let it kool down then drove it again and it stuck at 90 so seemed a little odd, not sure if that is connected? It hasn't happened again.... YET

It's an 2001 S3 with under 40K.. and has just been jinxed for me!

Thanks

Rav

I hope it isn't the compressor as i would have to pay out of my own pocket! When you say it reverted to the Econ - did the econ light actually come on? Like you have pressed it?

Do you think it just needs a recharge as there is no refrigerant left?

doesnt sound like a compressor tbh mate, mine wasnt really cooling at all and the regas sorted it out so its like ice now!

Information : Audi have a summer deal on air con regassing at the moment, full system recharge and clean is £95 inc vat, mine was in on saturday.. the climate control is so different...it actually works now! :-)

How often shuld this be looked at? - I was just thinking at the weekend that things were not as cold as they should be in mine....Low and behold a letter from Epsom Audi arrived the next day to advise me about the re gassing.......!!!

A lesser man would think that it was a conspiracy...

this happened to me also this week took to the dealer at the same time i had a intake manifold flp motor fault and they told me it needs re gassing

but it seems to work intermittantly but as i am trading in my car !st sept they said don't bother as they would sort it then which was nice