Timing Belt 2002 S8

Jools

Priced the timing belt, tensioners, auxillary drive belts and water pump at three different places, a week ago.

Independant £1053

Stockport Audi £1055 but if you book it in today we can do it for £900.

Huddersfield Audi £731 all in, pick it back up tomorrow beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Stockport Audi £1055 but if you book it in today we can do it for £900.

[/ QUOTE ]

My only dealings with Stockport Audi haven't shown them in a good light... I needed the code for the radio - S.A. said I'd need to book it in... Chester Audi got it for me in 15 minutes while I waited.....and for no charge!!!

Years ago I had an S3 - three visits to them to get a problem (rattly exhaust when wet) not sorted (was fixed first time by the Audi dealer in Sheffield)...

Your choice as they say.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had the same thing at a main dealer for sub £600 notes, but mainly because they know me and I've put quite a bit there way, but nontheless it proves they've got lots of room to move on the rediculous 4 figure quotes... I find it works well to squeeze them a little, but be really flexible on scheduling, leave it with them a few days etc so they can fit it in when it suits them, and always mention you've 'got a good quote from xyz..' , they dont really want to lose your business.... 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

Stockport Audi are absolutely shocking I am afraid. Mine has just been in there for its 40,000 service and they refused to do the mot as the needed a months notice.....

It then took my 40 minutes to get out of there (Had blocked my car in with 4 other vehicles and it took forever for someone to come out and move them.

Also had a bad experience with their body shop. The didnt respray the whole rear bumper even with defects pointed out as they "Didnt want to mess with the parking sensors"

My advice; avoid like the plague, only problem is lancaster audi are meant to be even worse...

With all this said I think sub £800 for a cambelt change on one of these beasts is not bad for a main dealer cosidering the amount of labour involved. Its worth the extra £300 - £400 for the protection of main dealer and resale........