MK5 R32 ENGINE TUNING

Michael1984

Cheers mate have gone through most of the thread now and have got a few bits of interesting info from it, i am currently waiting for my turbo to arrive its coming from america.

Is anyone else having problems attaching pictures to there post? when i click submit it goes to page can not be displayed? HELP notworthy.gif

The FT400 has been around and ready for the MkV since the early part of this year. The FT360 Direct to manifold turbo of there's is the one in developement. According to Marcel, they are currently reviewing all their Turbo prices and deals. Think John at Vagtech fitted a 360 to an A3 3.2 earlier this year... Different setup on that tho. Awesome kits, and very reliable according to the yanks.

well, the FT400 currently retails at $11,999 at current exchange rates that's around £6,500 plus $$shipping and import tax,plus approx £2,300 for John at Vagtech to fit it... I seriously doubt you'd need anything else performance wise with £10k on an awesome turbo... Brakes and anti roll bars might be a good call tho 169144-ok.gif

was never convinced about the cams, the APS car drove very nicely indeed but I wasn't prepared to crack the engine open.

Glad I didn't, as it would have been even more £££ to change to the M3....... either through removal cost or selling a car with modified engine internals.

Oh and I'm typing this from the premises of Thorney Motorsport who have the M3 in at present sekret.gif

Hi guys. I think there will be NO FT360 for MK5 platform, due to some A/C lines that can't be redirected.

I already have 3000 km on my FT400 and it is GREAT. It really is as advertised, the car feels exactly OEM when accelerating, but with lots and lots of more power the_finger.gif

Until now, there isn't one thing I can complain about and hopefully will never be one. One thing though: you really need good brakes, don't keed yourself to think that the stock will do NONO3.GIF And maybe the transmount bushing, since with the new 530Nm the engine moves a lot.

In my oppinion, FI is the best and only way to tune this amazing car, the rest is not worth the money. This is just me, please don't openfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi guys. I think there will be NO FT360 for MK5 platform, due to some A/C lines that can't be redirected.

I already have 3000 km on my FT400 and it is GREAT. It really is as advertised, the car feels exactly OEM when accelerating, but with lots and lots of more power the_finger.gif

Until now, there isn't one thing I can complain about and hopefully will never be one. One thing though: you really need good brakes, don't keed yourself to think that the stock will do NONO3.GIF And maybe the transmount bushing, since with the new 530Nm the engine moves a lot.

In my oppinion, FI is the best and only way to tune this amazing car, the rest is not worth the money. This is just me, please don't openfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Any problems with the HPA kit???

How fast is it...0-100 km/h??

Can it do long runs (3000 km) in 2 days without breaking down???

I know 2 dudes in Denmark with HGP400 kit on the Mk4, they having some problems...

beerchug.gif

I really didn't try 0-100 because I still have the OEM clutch and I don't want to change it this year. I just want to do a few races against RS4 or Z4 M from the second or third gear up. On HPA site they say 3.8 sec 0-100 but it refers to MK4 which is lighter. I think I am somewhere arround 4.5 with a perfect start.

I don't know about 3000 km in 2 days, I only know that I didn't do the install in my country and I needed to come home after installation. I did 1700 km in 20 hours non stop driving, with 10-15 min fuel station stops, with all kind of driving speeds, from 30 to 120 km/h overtakes to 180-250 km/h highway speeds. Second day I did only 500 km to get to Bucharest, that was another 6 hours driving. I didn't have ANY problems what so ever, fuel cons aside ices_blah.gif, if anything the car kept on performing better and better. I really don't have anything to gain by prazing HPA, and I am one of the most carefull guy out there when it comes to my baby, but this turbo is indeed the best thing I could have ever do tuning my car and the support I got from HPA team during all this period is something I have never seen elsewhere. And yes, I did lose the excellent sound my full Milltek had, but believe me when I say that the turbo whoosh I hear now is 100 times better, at least for me.

Thought you were goint the FI route at some point, glad you've done it and enjoying it!! My piggy bank is half full and is set on the FT400 at some point.. until then, it's NA mods, which after the CAI this week will be as far as im goint to take it until the 400 system gets plonked on some point next year... can't wait..! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

was never convinced about the cams, the APS car drove very nicely indeed but I wasn't prepared to crack the engine open.

Glad I didn't, as it would have been even more £££ to change to the M3....... either through removal cost or selling a car with modified engine internals.

Oh and I'm typing this from the premises of Thorney Motorsport who have the M3 in at present sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What on earth are you doing to your M3 now Rich? sekret.gif

Good luck BrakeSnake, hopefully sooner than later.

You will enjoy every minute of your car, and if you think your car is fast now, as I did with mine, wait to see it with turbo at 400 hp EEK2.GIF You really must be a lot more carefull with the way you drive it then, it is not civilized at all FIREdevil.gif