Ordering an A5 2.7Tdi Sport tomorrow

Newbie123

I think its just a fad with a few people....

Personally I think white cars look crap over here - BMWs, GTIs, lambos, RS4s, transit vans - makes no difference from my point of view - too dated and too 1980s!!!

In the US of A, with blue skies they can look quite cool (if pimped with sexy wheels and lowered), but I can't help thinking they look cheaper than their coloured counterparts!

(Obviously its just my opinion, so no picking on chav please grin.gif)

[ QUOTE ]

Considering 90% of the users would choose white on here I would think residualy it is going to be a pretty sure bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Chav, I think it's a bit of a fashion thing. The A5 does look great in white at the moment but will it still look good in 2 or 3 years time when 50% of the new cars on the road are in white? Possibly not and I guess that's why a finance company gets cold feet about residuals at the end of a lease as black (or red or blue or silver etc) will be back in vogue then.

[ QUOTE ]

Mines on contact hire, so no worries there!

Love mine in white - gets a lot of looks and isn't too bad to keep clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well initial indications are that it is going to cost more to have white than metallic, even though the metallic is a £600 option smashfreakB.gif

But of more concern at the moment is that I might not be ordering one at all frown.gif, as there has been an update on the leasing company's system to say that the lead time is now at least 20 weeks i.e June at the earliest, but more likely it will be July. Seeing as my car goes back in March and Bmw have refused an extension, means I might have to have a rethink SAUER0421.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

What about a 335d coupe??

Much, much quicker, more economical and far better tax wise personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would love one, took one for a test drive before christmas notworthy.gif

On contract Hire before Christmas you could have got one for £429+ vat for the M Sport version. Now under their new discount regime you'd be looking at around £550 + vat.

The A5 2.7 TDI sport is £425 + vat btw.

This one's going to take some thinking about, I'll have to have a look at what other options are out there. Tax isn't really an issue as we are a partnership so no benefit in kind applicable.....yet.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Now under their new discount regime you'd be looking at around £550 + vat.

[/ QUOTE ]

why's that? I thought a side-effect of the no-discount policy was that predicted residuals would be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess in the cuurent climate the finance companies aren't willing to go on what BMW hope will happen 169144-ok.gif I wonder if that's why BMW wrote asking me if I'd like to buy the vehicle or extend the lease (minimum 2 years !), I guess they realise they are not as competitive on leasing as they were so they want people to extend their current deals until the residual value improvements work their way through?

I'm sure Gareth would have a better idea than me 169144-ok.gif

And finally she's ordered jump.gif

Just couldn't see anything else out there that I fancied, so I decided I might as well just wait for it. The Leasing company have said that they'll find me a short term 2/3 month deal on something to keep we going when my car goes back.

So It's a 2.7TDI Sport with Auto Dimming mirror, auto lights etc, interior light pack and hill hold assist, and the colour...........

Meteor Grey with Black Leather & Black Headlining.

Shame about the White, but there's no way I'm paying more to have it over metallic 169144-ok.gif

Thanks for the help chaps 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If it is a partnership then buy one from stock with a nice 20% saving while they are still out there.

Do it on a balanced lease paymenst scheme and you are away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gizze, is that 20% because its used or a genuine 20% discount off a new car?

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Nice one newbie, the countdown begins................

[/ QUOTE ]

Might not be waiting quite as much as I thought jump.gif

Rang the leasing company today to check whether it was still possible to change the colour as I was having doubts about the Meteor Grey and with deilvery so far away I thought it wouldn't be a problem.....

Only to be phoned back 10 minutes later to tell me that they'd spoken to the Audi Centre and my car was production confirmed for Week 9! EEK2.GIFjump.gif Which by reckoning is 2 weeks today laugh.gif

So looks like I won't be in the hire car for very long if at all 169144-ok.gif

Oh and I absolutely adore the Meteor Grey wink.gif

• 1 month later...

Well, she was delivered at the end of last week and she is absolutely stunning.

I've had a few cars in my time, but this one is definately a keeper notworthy.gif

I'll post a few pics at the weekend and a little review, but the car is simply stunning. The 8 speed Multitronic gearbox is fantastic. At 40mph the rev counter hardly reads above tick-over, it's just so smooth 169144-ok.gif