Scratched....

redbaron

Like many people, I don't like Monday mornings that much, but this morning was the worst.

As I walked out to my car this morning, I found a note from the police left under my wipers, asking me to call them about the damage to the car. At first I couldn't see anything obvious, until I walked round to the passenger side, where I found this lovely scratch running all the way down the side. Gutted. Absolutely gutted. mad.gif

scratch.jpg

Had a quick look round at my neighbours cars to find that mine wasn't the only one to have been attacked. Only the "prestige" cars in the street were vandalised. Feck. It wasn't much fun knocking on my neighbour's door at 8.30 in the morning to tell him his car has been vandalised.

Anyway, I went down the local police station to find that they had caught the person responsible, he has been charged and is due in court tomorrow. And apparently mine was just one of 27 cars he keyed. Yes, that's 27 scratched cars. Fecking ned! openfire.gif

Have calmed down a bit now, but still feeling p1ssed off. The car is already booked in at the dealers (to get those rattles fixed), so will get them to have a quick look at it. Does anyone think that it can be repaired without a respray (excess is £250), or is a insurance claim the only way to go?

All advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

That's just sickening to see. mad.gif

I guess the simple minded lowlifer that did this has never had anything in life to value or cherish. A totally jealous individual I would imagine.

Oh, and what will the culpret get for this damage which runs into 10's of thousands of pounds? Paint a few railings at best would be my guess.

I hope you manage to get your car repaired to your liking.

I know it's not PC etc and that it doesn't get the damage to a car repaired, but I really believe if parents and school were allowed to 'slap' a culprit, there would be far less of this behaviour around.

I'm 60yo and therefore an older generation. I had a strict father whom I greatly respected and I went to an English Public School. A properly witnessed beating never did me any harm. In the old days PC Dixon of Dock Lane was allowed to gently slap someone for being out of order.

[ QUOTE ]

I know it's not PC etc and that it doesn't get the damage to a car repaired, but I really believe if parents and school were allowed to 'slap' a culprit, there would be far less of this behaviour around.

I'm 60yo and therefore an older generation. I had a strict father whom I greatly respected and I went to an English Public School. A properly witnessed beating never did me any harm. In the old days PC Dixon of Dock Lane was allowed to gently slap someone for being out of order.

[/ QUOTE ].....I no what your saying Red Robin but imo this pc c*** has gone completely ott.Whatever happened to 'good old common sense'?Bad/Unsocial bahaviour should be punished,not rewarded.. slap.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, and as i have just been reading the history of my village, little acts of braking the law were delt with harshly. The way it should be.

Theres no punishiment for crime now they know they can get away with a slap on the rist or just let off. They should be made to pay for all damages as a minimum, if they don't have a job or are too young they should be made to get a job to work it off or there parents will have to do the same to pay it for them. Lets see how many parents don't care what there kids are upto then when hit with a £2K bill for each cars painting + court costs etc. Also lets get rid of paperwork and go back to local village and area policing, have them on the beat doing there job not sitting in the nearest town 20 miles away because theres no local police station or its shut on a night.

Gutted for you mate,

I had some local low life deliberately ram his BMX into my previous car causing his handlebar to gouge a 6 inch dent and scratch into the 3/4 panel. Called the fuzz who came out (in a transit)and we went for a spin in the direction the yob made off. Luckily he was not expecting this and was mega shocked to see me in the passenger seat point him out to plod who made a stirling arrest.

However, having had the damage estimated at 500 quid to repair went to court (oh had a witness as well so it was clear cut) His brief managed to wangle it a on a technicality that it was done on purpose. Bottom line was, this scroat was ordered to pay only 240 damages to me plus 50 quid court costs. He paid it initially for a few weeks at 5 quid a week cos he was unemployed. Eventually he defaulted and did a stretch with me finally getting paid the balance of the 240 about a year after the judgement was passed. fekr.gif

The criminal justice system in this country stinks, don't rely on it to resolve your case and fully compensate you. As was said earlier, go to court, identify this scumbag and administer some proper justice. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So true, and as i have just been reading the history of my village, little acts of braking the law were dealt with harshly. The way it should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

....Build some stocks on the village green and construct a ducking chair in the local river - That'll sort them out!! grin.gif

Snoopy, You're absolutely right about the good sense of bringing back the police to be part of the local community and work locally. 169144-ok.gif

Exactly its something i feel very strongly about. We have a PCSO (shared with the next village 2 miles away) also known as pantomime polise as he rides away like the wind and the kids tount and laff at him as he has no powers. He rides through the village once a day between 10am & 12 at about 30mph with his head down and what use is that!. 2 CCTV cameras that are not monitored or recoding (from experience) . A no drinking on the street rule that the kids ignore and the police do nothing about as there not here! or if there passing through by car on the off chance still do nothing. A police station based in the city that has no man power on the night for local work only city and local towns at a stretch.

When i was younger fare enough there was one local bobby who was stationed in the next village but you always noticed him kept on the straight and narrow incase he was about as he had a bad habbit of popping up at the wrong time day or night, but he was old school clip round lug etc but that was 20+ years back now.

Local placed policing worked. Not this US based town system. Hartbeat policing worked!

As did the fear of my dad kicking my ass if i got court doing something. Infact he may be old and frail now but that fear is still instilled in me.

Here's a quote from the local paper:

"28 parked cars were allegedly scratched in three city streets. A total of £25,000 worth of damage is said to have been caused by the incident, which occurred at 12.30am on Monday morning. A 23 year old man has been arrested and charged in connection with the incident and was due to appear in court today."

And to make my week even worse, I've just got home from watching my football team, Aberdeen, being thrashed 4-1 by Dundee Utd in the CIS Cup semi-final.

Can I start this week again please?