Login Problems in Golf Mk4

Law_

Hi there x)

i wonder if you can help me.i have vag-com but not the Ross tech one.I cannot do the Login to acess the Engine.The Login code 12233 does not work neither 26262, 01283 or 11463.

What i would ask you was if someone can tell me the code, see on Elsawin or in the last case ask Ross Tech about it.

I would be very grateful. Here are the details : VW Golf Mk4 1.4 16v 09/1998 ECU : Magnetti Marelli 4AV

Thank you very much

Edited by Law_
My English :)

First of all, you don't "try" logins randomly. NEVER. Second, all the logins you stated are either for specific other purposes or specific other engines. Third, you missed giving us a specific ECU part number AND software version from your car.

BTW: There is only one VAG-COM and it's from Ross-Tech. If you have something else, then its not VAG-COM. ;) But you should state what exactly you are using anyway, because some tools/versions have known flaws which might be related here.

Sorry for all the points...So here it is:

Control Module Part Number: 036 906 014 AA

Component and/or Version: MARELLI 4AV 2444

To explain better, i use the version 704.1 of Vag-com.What i was trying to say was that my cable is from other brand.In fact it has no brand at all but.Hope i made myself understandable x) Cheers and thanks for the advices

OK, so that sounds like you don't have a genuine Ross-Tech cable - genuine ones have the Ross-Tech brand on them - Ross-Tech: Home

No matter what claims anyone makes to you, the Ross-Tech software does NOT work with other people's cables. You need a genuine one.

Just to confuse matters a bit more, VAG-COM is no longer called that - it's called VCDS +++

Edited by Mook

Ok but its the same everywere i ask...

One thing is people dont know the code because its the first ECU and the engine is not the most usual. But above that i've made everything with my cable and vag-com 704.1. i can login in several engines, do the adaptations, read measuring blocks, coding, read errors...The only problem is that i dont know that 5 digits code. The difference from my cable to the Ross Tech one is only one : The price! and appart from that nothing. So if you want to sell me a cable that costs 2390516320746102387912 euros is one thing but i know that it wont help at all.

If someone has an answer that contain a 5 digit code i will aprecciate.

Cheers

You bought a cheapo cable with pirated software, and it doesn't work. Maybe you'd be best to ask the seller of the cable why his product doesn't function correctly or have the relevant instructions that you need.

Ross Tech staff (Sebastian who replied to you further up the thread here) will provide excellent support for their customers, but you aren't one of their customers really. If you were then I have no doubt that you'd have your problem sorted by now.

Like I said, try asking the supplier for technical support. That would be my first port of call.

as i said the cable works just fine...just dont know the code.the brand in the cable does not make it.Ross tech's cable is not made in Gold.apart from that i've asked my supplier but they dont have a database for that and they said that they will search as soon as possible. i thought the information was free and the forum was to discuss useful stuff and help each other...but if not i will reformulate : how much do anyone wants for that info?i preffered pay for that than pay for a cable that does the same but lot more expensive Thanks in advance

Buying the cable from Ross Tech (rather than a cheap third party cable) also buys you the license for the software which your supplier appears to have stolen and hacked to work with his cable. It also allows you to get technical support from Ross Tech, as you would be a customer of theirs.

I'm staggered quite frankly that you'd rather pay for hacked software, and then offer to pay for information as to how the software and hardware package functions, rather than paying for the license to use the software legally.

i've asked my supplier but they dont have a database for that and they said that they will search as soon as possible.

Maybe your supplier will be able to find you the info you require. If anyone here knew what you needed then they may (or may not) tell you, and Ross Tech (with their gold plated cables) could also advise you perhaps. You'll have to wait and see if that happens I suppose.

The difference from my cable to the Ross Tech one is only one : The price! and appart from that nothing.

That and you can't get support from your supplier, support which you need because your cable doesn't work.

Sell the cable you have to another mug on eBay, and buy a "proper" genuine Ross-Tech cable - and then get support from guys like Sebastian (in the rare cases when you need it).